Reply by Barbizon Modeling School Apr 08, 2015

We are sorry you did not experience the program and all it has to offer. And more so we are sorry to hear your son was upset. It is never our intention.
Author's
Detroit, Michigan
6.8K views 679 comments

I knew going in to this that it was a scam.unfortunately we would do anything for our kids.

After we got our card in the mail and calling them I asked if they were going to try to sell us modeling classes and they stated "No". I took my son to the BS seminar and sure enough they filled his head with false hopes and dreams and then hit us with the sales pitch.

My fault for falling for it in the first place.Now my son is crushed, angry at me, and Barbizon will get their naive fools that actually pay.

Review about: Modeling School.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Barbizon Modeling School?

Comments

Queen Reality Check
New Market, Maryland, United States #959862

I actually went to Barbizon in 1985 for an entire year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.The goal was not to be famous and it was never presented that way.

They are celebrating their 75th anniversary, and you don't last that long by scamming people. Barbizon is a modeling school NOT an agency.

SHAME on you for allowing your child to be so delusional. SHAME on you for not presenting the realities associated with this sort of endeavor.

You are blaming Barbizon, meanwhile it is you who have done an injustice to your own child. Go get some nice head shots done and send them off to some local agencies.

Do some research if it's really that important to your kid to explore a modeling career, but also set the right expectations, that's how you avoid disappointments.

Lranda

I knew that when i was at the mall when the lady ran up to. Me i should have fell for it cause all that bs was a waste of time

suewurd

Barbizon may have a big name, with a small time attitude.

Concerned

Do you pay for College Education and then call the School a scam because your kid can't find a job?Do you pay for Horseback riding lessons and then call the Trainer a scammer because your kid did not choose to go into shows and make use of the money you paid?

Do you pay to send your kid to summer camp and then call them scammers because your kid did not like it? Do you pay dues at a church and say God is fake because you had to pay for it or because they asked for your money. Giving something for getting something is the building blocks our society has been built on. You don't get something for free and you don't get anywhere without education and mentoring.

If you are the parent putting this down you are the parent bringing your children down.Be happy they are wanting to participate it could be worse and when it gets worse for you, you did that.

to Concerned #946003

No you don't pay for college and when your kid can't get a job say the schools a scam but nobody famous went to Barbizon and I've seen them prey on children who could never be a model so no all of the other things you listed had potential but not everyone has thousands of dollars to waste for their children's confidence to be built when they can do it other ways for a lot cheaper.

to Anonymous #968628

Linda Carter was a Barbizon girl.If you are not familiar with her she was Wonder Woman.

Caressa Cameron (Former Miss America), Carmen Electra, Ryan Phillippe, and Selena Gomez to name a few...all graduated from Barbizon.

*The more you know...

Some people I aware

I'm seriously so ashamed of some of the posts I see on here.The world is seriously messed up when a mother can't see the benefit to paying $2300 to build their child's confidence, give them something to remember, add to their college application of accomplishments and back them on being what they want to be but they can spend quadruple that on counseling and medications because they are depressed and not call the Dr a scammer.

What guarantees are getting out the medical world that is taking all your money little by little. What guarantee have you gotten from the public school system when they are taking $1600 a year for school taxes on average in most states?

If you are a caring parent and want to see your child prosper and grow this school is great even if that is all they get out of it is a smile on their face to be a part of something like this regardless of rather they take anyone that pays or not. Hello I've seen parents pay thousands throughout their kids lives on dance lessons since their kids are two and three years old and the kids can't dance a lick.

Some of them do.. Hello!

Don't take away from a child the chance to be happy about something in their lives because you can't afford it or don't want it for your child. My child is happy to do it and I'm happy to pay it just for that. I spent more than this on a pool for their happiness.

Come on people wake up. Don't be dragged down by the negative. If you know in your heart...

Everything has to be thought about before done.

Read the material know your options and go with what you think not what people try to tell you for their own selfish reasons.

Mother of a teen I am very proud of that applied to this herself was not approached and that will cherish every minute of it.Every child deserves to be Happy, I'm glad Barbizon is there to help make that happen.

MD

Unfortunately not everyone makes it, just like not all the boys who participate in college football get to play in the NFL.You don't see anyone screaming the NFL is a scam.

My daughter was/is a Barbizon model and has been all over the world at only 19. She has been to Europe/Asia/New York/L.A. It took lots of hard work and dedication since she was 14yrs old. It finally paid off at 17.

A full 3 years from her start.I'm sorry your daughter/son didn't make it but I can assure you it works.

NAGA
Wailuku, Hawaii, United States #725913

I am new at this barbizon thing its sounds like a school that are looking for certain types of people and i guess if the agents dont like you then they wont pick.thats what im getting out of all these comments.

I have my thing tomorrow and if thye dont like me then ill just try harder.WHOEVER POSTED THIS IS JUST STUP 8) ID!!!!

I am a Barbizon model and trust me, it is not a scam.The classes are a lot of money but they totally pay off.

My mother took me at the age of 13 and paid for the classes. At first we were very skeptical about the whole thing, but after all the classes, I learned so much. It made me more confident and it definitely improved my appearance. Barbizon is full of great opportunities and I wouldn't take back my experience.

My friend who attended the class with me has already been in magazines and on billboards.

Another is shooting a movie.So that's that.

comments