Banana Republic *cardboard* gift card ripped...now it's my problem.

8 of 63 Banana Republic reviews

Received a gift card in December...seriously, it's cardboard.Put it in my wallet where it came in contact with something slightly sticky (I have a toddler).

Part of the magnetic strip is gone and same with half the card's identifying number. According to the customer service rep (who was friendly/polite) It's now my burden to get the receipt from the giver, call Banana Republic customer service, etc., etc. They're simply sorry...and just repeat that over and over. They know what store it was purchased at, know it was mid December, can see the last 5 digits of the number plus some other identifiers -- but it's my problem now.

It was absolutely BR's fault for issuing a foolish card with no plans to mitigate the obvious problems it would cause. I have zero free time to do this, but am doing it because I'm angry that they care that little about my experience with their products.

I'm tempted to just give the card back to the sender, have herreturn it for cash they can keep, and simply warn others to go elsewhere when giving gift cards.

Way to ruin a birthday gift with preventable irritation.Thank you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Courteous service
    • Prices
  • What I disliked
    • Gift card policy and experience

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Banana Republic Gift Card
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #777791

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Banana Republic? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
8 of 63 Banana Republic reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Banana Republic.
Filing a new complaint about
×