Natick, Massachusetts
100% full Not resolved

Received a gift card in December...seriously, it's cardboard.Put it in my wallet where it came in contact with something slightly sticky (I have a toddler).

Part of the magnetic strip is gone and same with half the card's identifying number. According to the customer service rep (who was friendly/polite) It's now my burden to get the receipt from the giver, call Banana Republic customer service, etc., etc. They're simply sorry...and just repeat that over and over. They know what store it was purchased at, know it was mid December, can see the last 5 digits of the number plus some other identifiers -- but it's my problem now.

It was absolutely BR's fault for issuing a foolish card with no plans to mitigate the obvious problems it would cause. I have zero free time to do this, but am doing it because I'm angry that they care that little about my experience with their products.

I'm tempted to just give the card back to the sender, have herreturn it for cash they can keep, and simply warn others to go elsewhere when giving gift cards.

Way to ruin a birthday gift with preventable irritation.Thank you.

Review about: Banana Republic Gift Card.

I liked: Courteous service, Prices.

I didn't like: Gift card policy and experience.

3.6
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $75
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Banana Republic?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.