Bailey Banks And Biddle - Flat out liars
I went in to buy the engagement ring my girlfriend fell in love with on a 'for fun' trip to the jewelry stores in the mall. They claimed it was a 3/4 carat setting and close to a size 4. I kept repeating that the .71 stones looked way too small for the setting when they were table to table and she assured me that the CZ stone was 5.8 mm and the diamonds (more on that later) she had were 5.65 mm and it was a negligible difference. She even went off to 'measure' again. I decided to walk and ask for the ring to be held and they gave me 4 days. I did some online research and spoke with some friends who recommended a local place so I figured I'd give it a shot. There was no way I was calling their bluff on the ring being discontinued and the last in the company (it was 35% off from when we first saw it, the only bonus here) so I decided to go in and buy the setting to take with me and shop around. The first thing the guy I took it to said is "This is not the ring you said you have, you said 3/4 carat 3.8mm, this is a 1 carat setting." I had emailed him so he had a few stones ready to review. He even put his micrometer on it and showed me that it is most definitely 6.5mm. After a lot of debate we decided to just see what a .71 would look like and it was clearly way too small, as I insisted at the store. Also the ring is a 6 which is pretty far from a 4, and since the diamonds around the band are split mounted it's going to be a tough resizing job no matter who resizes it. I don't think I trust BBB enough to mess with it.
Now to those "Beautiful" diamonds they showed me. With infinite amazing connections for 172 years (and several bankruptcies, so really have you been in business that long?!) they simply found 2 diamonds for me to look at. One was actually nice, but EGL certified so not really what it supposedly is anyway, but the other was graded two years ago and the photocopy of the cert looks like every person that has shopped there had touched it. It was rated an SI1 and had a large black spot dead center in the diamond. She says it isn't visible to the naked eye, except that I saw it on every single facet from just about every angle. Another lie... Clearly a "this is your best alternative buy that one." In comparison to the GIA SI1 that the other place had this should clearly have been rated an I and it was the exact same price as the one with only slight a slight feather in the corner!! She was very very pushy and every time I asked to change one single parameter she would find something way out of budget and usually changed more than one parameter, and would only find one. The best relationships with the most distributors and she only had a total of 4 to discuss with me.
This was a terrible experience and has dirtied the entire BBB name for me. I realize this is sales and they want to make the sale but they managed to take a cash-in-hand buyer and turn him off to the entire company in one day. I ended up spending more elsewhere but got exponentially more for my money.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- "I purchased (2) Mens neckchains 1- 10k Gold and 1- Silver (2) Mens bracelets 1- 10k and 1- Silver all of which I found out to be not what I..."
- "On April 26,2015 I order a black medium gevinchy bag for $1,699.99 from beyond the rack on May 17 I received the bag , to my surprise the..."
- "My husband has been very sick for the past 5 months, either in hospitals or rehabs since December. I wanted to get him an arrangement to celebrate and to lift..."
- "I ordered early when ThingCharger first approached the public for crowdfunding. I purchased four units, including two lightning and two 30 pin adaptors. As everyone else has said, they took..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."