Bag Boyz Customs - Ripped Off by Bag Boyz Custons
I purchased a so called Custom Bagger Kit from Bag Boyz Customs !!!I wondered why they didn't have more pics of finished products on their website, but was assured by the guy on the phone that they had successfully installed hundreds of these kits.
So I paid up front for the kit. What took place from there after was a nightmare !!! After taking 3 weeks to receive the kit which had a promise of expedited (3 day ) shipping as part of the price. I tried to install it on my bike.
I specifically supplied all particulars about my bike such as Make, Year and model. When I tried to install the fender there was no way it would ever fit a Softail which is what I ordered and is a very common model. With the fender pushed all the way forward up against the rear tire the fender fell 8 inches short of covering the tire. Basically a gap of 8 inches under the seat.
With the bags attached to the rear fender perfectly lined up with the fender fills the bags were so far forward that they actually covered the rear pegs making it impossible for ever having a passenger !!! My wife wasn't impressed to say the least. I got back in touch with the same guy ( he never gave me his name ) and told him about the fitment problems I was having. Again he assured me that he would help me by giving me specific mounting instructions and pics of other finished products.
Well the pics of finished Softail projects never came . After a week of back and forth and me sending him many pics he finally admitted that they had never tried to use the fender he sent me with the bags he sent me. He then offered to send me the right fender. After 3 days of hearing nothing I called him back.
At that point he was very unhelpfull and said that if I paid for shipping the wrong fender back and paid for shipping of the proper fender that when he got around to it he would send the proper fender.
When I told him that I didn't think I should pay for any shipping as I had not only given very precise info as to what kind of bike I had and also pics that very clearly show it is a Softail, he basically told me to F$#!myself and I was on my own !!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Custom Streched Bagger Kit
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought an A/C Compressor and when I got it, it was missing parts that should be with it to function in my car. It was missing a pressure switch..."
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- " Ordered 4 so called re-manufactured accumulators from Keith Bowers for insulation on a customers 2007 Land cruiser as he seemed to be knowledgeable on the subject and seemed like..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."