I contacted Awbreys Powder Coating concerning some bike parts i needed powder coated, communication was swift and on point, the gentleman seemed very confident he could deliver the services i requested.So i made the two hour round trip to drop off my parts(black accent pieces, wheels), again i was met with a confident polite individual, we came to an agreed upon price of 174.00 for the pieces i had provided.

Several days later i was contacted by the company stating my parts were ready to be picked up, i again made the trip down with the agreed upon amount. I arrived at the business was shown the parts, which i was shocked at the quality of work provided i stated my concerns with the finish on the parts which was uneven, chipped, not very well prepped and areas were coated that were claimed to be protected during the process, my disapproval was met with hostility to which he threw my parts back in the box and stated he would redo them. i stated then that if he did not feel he had the ability to fulfill the order that we should part ways and i would bring the parts to a different establishment, he reassured me that the i was being unreasonable, but he would strip the parts and start fresh, he stated to return with 340 dollars to pick up my parts, at which time i informed him of the agreed upon price, and after much dismay he agreed again upon the 174.00 for the finished product. I told him at that time to take all the time he needed to make sure the product was correct.

And even offered ti change the color if he felt that a better finish could be attained with a different powder. The next day i was contacted again by the company stating my parts were ready to be picked up, i made the trip down again 5 days later. To find the parts to be worse than the last time, instead of removing and refinishing he had simply coated over the dirty unfinished wheels he had presented the first time, to which again i stated that i was unhappy with the product, to which he replied that i was being unreasonable and the reason the turned out the way they were was the Rustoleum paint that was on them when i brought them to him had contaminated the metal,and that i should accept them the way they are and pay him for his time. I told him at this time i would no longer be requiring his services and i would have them done elsewhere.

At that time i offered to pay for the black accessory parts and the powder on the wheels but that was it. He stated that if i wanted to ride this season i would pay him for his time otherwise the parts would sit in his office. I told him i would returning to Bloomington with my parts, to which he replied u can get out of my office and leave your parts, after i refused to leave he called the sheriffs department, and in the time waiting for the sheriffs to arrive threatened assault several times. After the cops arrived i was informed that in order to settle the matter at hand i was required to pay the 174.00 and take the matter to small claims court if i was ever expected to receive any compensation for the damage done to my property.

so i paid the 174.00 in cash and removed my parts from the business, in worse shape than they arrived.

Review about: Bike Parts.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Awbreys Powder Coating?

Submit review

Comments

Larry
Bloomington, Indiana, United States #636994

You gotta be kidding.I personally saw these the day I picked up some parts I had done.

They looked great except for the *** color but I dont like Yellow,. I didnt see ANYTHING you are showing in the pictures. I can not believe they were rude to you unless you did something really *** or said something bad. These folks have done parts for me on a monthly basis and I have gotten to know them well.

SUPER PEOPLE..If I knew who you were and where u were I would like to meet you to see what kind of *** you must be..:? :upset

Jeff b
Bloomington, Indiana, United States #636989

They ALWAYS do great work for me. I wont ever go anywhere else..Great prices and great people

Thomas
Bedford, Kentucky, United States #636984

He has did several things for us and we have never had an issue. Vey friendly people and I think the person complaining mess these up by the looks of them and just wants to complain, Sounds like a little spoiled kid or something...

Awbreys
Englewood, Colorado, United States #636981

He was informed the parts had serious metal property issues due to some type of chemical and paint he had used on them that would not dry and would not accept the GLOW additive he wanted, and also would cause an out gas in some areas, the "chipping only showed after (it looks like) tires were improper mounted, I inform him i smelled alchol and it would be best to leave, he refused, Yes we had to call the sheriff dept due to comments made by the customer .NO THREATS WERE MADE by us.

The officer finally got upset with him as well and at that time told him to pay.As for $$ issues, I did some of the black parts for him at no charge (he failed to mention) because i knew he was limited on funds and reduced the wheel price by 50% I feel we did FAR above what was reasonable.