Avis Mileage Fraud !!!

167 of 405 Avis reviews

My connecting flight from Chicago to Indianapolis was canceled and I had to wait until morning for the next flight. Since I had a conference to attend I had to rent a car for a one way trip. I went to Avis and told to their representative at the front desk that I want an entry level cheap car that would just get me to Indy. I told him that will return the car next day to the Indy airport. He said OK and told me that he will arrange a better car for the same price. I was a bit shocked when I saw $180 as a total estimated charges but I had to take the car since I had no other option.

After returning the car they charged me $250. Upon asking why they told me that I should call the number on the rental agreement and open a discrepancy. So I did and the being at the other side of the line told me that I was above my mileage and that there is nothing it can do about it. Their complaints department sucks and they don't care at all about their customers.

I thought that Avis had unlimited mileage just like other US rental companies I used do far. Well I was so wrong the Avis played a nasty trick by limiting my mileage to 44 miles per day even knowing that I was traveling to Indy. So together with fuel costs my trip to indy costed almost $300.

I really feel bad that I haven't read all thee complaints here on this site. I swear I will never ever again use Avis in my life. I have already spread this cheap game to my country's IT and Scuba Diving community. I warned them all to inform everyone they know not to use this cheap tricky company.

In the end I did a mistake but you still have a chance not to make it!

Check the original receipts and agreement scans attached.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Car Rental
Review category
Rentals
review #654915

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Avis? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
167 of 405 Avis reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.