Recently went through a hard time, rent was 28 days late in December, they started legal proceeding.We paid everything which included $800 if legal fees.

In January as just getting straightened out I told them January would be pay on the 6th, they put the legal back in motion and charged more fees. We paid it because not a good time to move. Included in those fees were 2 charges for $40 - we asked what they were, they said it was for the gas which wasn't transferred to my name yet. I tried to transfer to my name many times but Elizabeth Gas kept saying it was a problem with Avalon.

Not me. In January on a blistering cold day, I try to make a cup of tea, no gas on stove. Called maintenance and they called me 20 minutes later saying there is a LOCK ON GAS METER. I called the office to ask why I had been paying them for gas but now it was off?

They tried to blame me. I went nuts bc I had tried numerous times to put in my name. After 3 hours of investigation with Elizabeth Gas, it turns out that Avalon Had not paid their bill for ALL VACANT UNITS. Elizabeth Gas had sent late notices and even tried to find out if people were living in this unit before it was shut off in the middle of winter.

Avalon never responded so Elizabeth Gas shut mine off . It was a mistake. Avalon had to eat crow and had been apologizing . They offered a $100 credit on February rent.

But added an additional legal fee from December that "floated" in. I am contacting all news outlets about this. They lied about paying the gas. They always have mysterious "fees" that pop up on your rent statement each month.

They only care about money they should not be in the business of people or peoples roofs over their heads. Yes the property is beautiful because it's brand spankin new. But there is constantly big dog *** around the property and it's not picked up. Be warned that you would be better off getting involved with very bad people who will shoot you in the kneecaps for $20 bucks.

I accept my part on the late payment in December. But they got legal fees they just let corporate lawyers collect and they did nothing. This is what America has grown into- lawyers collecting fees for no work.

The redeeming part is they generally are fat, lazy, and very unhealthy and die off early.Beware .

I liked: Staff in rental office.

I didn't like: Billing office, Deceptiveness in customer care.

2.0
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Avalon Communities?

Comments

Union City, New Jersey, United States #1312734

its your own fault for waiting 28 days to pay your rent

Union City, New Jersey, United States #1312731

sounds like its your own fault for waiting 28 days to pay your rent

Rocco1234

Update : I am the original poster of about remarks.The heating and gas bill is STILL BEING APPLIED TO MY RENT BILL AT AVALON.

The gas and heat bill was finally put in my name once Elizabeth Town figured out Avalons terrible book keeping skills!

They also served me with papers again even after my rent was paid and they weren't supposed to go thru with their threats!

Keep an eye on eye dollar they charge you!And always ask for a written copy of any thing they say is resolved.

Avalon is absolutely horrible I hope you do get in though with the news

DEB
to Anonymous #1330887

I totally agree.I currently live in one of the Avalon properties in Arlington, VA.

Avalon is GREEDY.I have witnessed their Corporate Stupidity and their company run by MBA-Stupids