Lindon, Utah
Resolved

Update by user Nov 12, 2015

After a conversation with Rich at AutoSource, I realized some fault of my own in getting a proper resolution.But, it's too late to go back so it is what it is.

The car I purchased was not safe or straight. AutoSource did try to make it right by spending time and money, but it ultimately was not fixed correctly. Just make sure to take any branded title car to an unbiased, respectable body shop for close inspection before you buy. I didn't do that with this car.

That is my mistake, but it's AutoSource's mistake for selling it in that condition.

I'm not as mad about the situation as I was, but I am out lots of money and spent plenty of time on this. Will I go back?

We'll see.But I'll take a much different approach next time.

Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2015

The story is too long to write here.Short: bought a 2014 Explorer Limited for top dollar (my mistake) at the beginning of 2015.

Noticed the car sunk in the passenger front after a month. About 1" short than the driver front. Took it back to the dealership and spoke to the GM, Rich Jackson, who told me the car was unsafe! So they spent 2.5k to fix it.

Still didn't sit right but I assumed they made it safe. I then hear from another mechanic that the frame is cracked (right under the hood!), the car is not square (both frame and the car as a whole. Instead of the car being a perfect rectangle, it was a parallelogram). I took it to Abra Auto Body who said it's not safe.

I stopped driving it immediately. I took the car back to the dealership, traded my car for the only REAL clean title car on their lot, took a MASSIVE hit financially, and finally got rid of the wreckage. I will never go back and will write bad reviews everywhere I can. One last thing, Utah is a buyer beware state which means if they tell you it's salvage title, they can sell you the worst car in the world and legally get away with it.

I filed a complaint with the DMEV and was told "SORRY!" I'm just happy to be rid of it.

**The third picture is of the cracked frame. This was taken a few weeks before I traded the car back in. It was right under the hood next to the radiator, totally visible.

Abra said that weld is structural.Very unsafe.

Review about: 2014 Ford Explorer.

1.5
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with AutoSource Motors?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.