Autos of Palm Beach
Back in June 2014, I purchased a 2006 Lexus RX330 from these people.The unit had orginally been listed on Ebay but I did not purchase it through this entity, bad for me because no buyer protection.
The dealer helped finance the vehicle but through a lender I could not stay with because of a high interest rate which in the end affected my credit rating and they offered no explanation and did not give me any options. I paid for and had the unit shipped from Florida to Arkansas. Almost immediately upon arriving I saw what I thought was a leak in the power steering but could not verify. In the following six months, we only drove the vehicle a little more than 3000 miles.
In this time we replaced a battery, serpentine belts and eventually the rack and pinion. In December I had it checked over by Lexus in Tulsa, OK. There were several things the dealer wanted to do to the unit because it had not been properly maintained. Upon further research through Lexus, I found that had had problems with the rack and pinion early on even at 10,000 miles.
I contacted the dealer and they will accept no responsibility because of the time elapsed which to me is not relevant, only the mileage and the unit was not as described.
I have appealed to them again, but I am not at all happy.I have asked them to help me with half of the cost of replacing the rack and pinion which was total $1250.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Original experience
What I disliked
- What i ended up with
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2006 Lexus Rx330
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!! We purchased a new FR Rockwood 5th wheel in July 2015 it is now April 2016 and our unit has been in the dealer warranty..."
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "Mother and Son Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Ak 2013. State Farm is the Corporate Giant which holds the Workers Comp claim. The Family extremely abused and abandoned by this company to say..."
- "i work at wendys in bentonville, AR.. i have worked there for a month and a half almost. my manager TORRES is favortism.. she lets the guys get away with..."
- "I ordered 4 bags of Pastel Pink Sparkle Chocolate-Covered Almonds @ $10 each. Received quickly however when I opened it 75% of each bag was crushed and sum melted. I..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."
- "The delivery was a day late, first off. The greeting card was hand written with such poor penmanship, my wife had to text me to see what the card even..."
- "THURSDAY/DEC.01,2016: I played Kixeye's Battle Pirate game on Facebook a few days ago. In a campaign called "High Tide" I played and won the first round. The winning prizes are..."