Verified Reviewer

3.2

We have been customers for years. We owned 2014,2016,2017 and 2018 versions of power shape and power mill.

Updates to our software were no longer needed.

So we opted to keep our perpetual licenses and cancel the auto updates/maintenance package. Everything went well until one day we needed to reinstall our software due to a computer crash.

March 2021. Long story short, we needed to install 2017 version first in order for 2018 to work correctly. We had a tech support person help us and it went smoothly through the online chat.

Fast forward to July of 2021.

We purchased a new computer to run our second license of powershape. I expected another easy process. I was wrong. It turns out the first guy broke the rules and he was not suppose to help us with that older installation.

Mind you we paid Thousands of dollars for that software, but the policy now is that you cannot reinstall it past a certain time frame. When I contacted customer service asking for help, my chats were closed as "non compliant" because i did not like their "solution." I was not rude or use course language. I stood my ground in expectation that someone would help us with the software we paid for.

You don't own what you pay for. It would be ridiculous if you bought a car and one day when you need a repair you were told.

We don't want to fix it.

It's against our policy. They can fix it, but wont.

Unless you have to work with Auto Desk, look somewhere else.

User's recommendation: Do not buy unless you have to work with Auto Desk.

Preferred solution: I just want to install what we own.

Comments