I could not be more upset with this horrific company.Instead of the no problem people they are the cheat people.

After 3years and hiring an attorney to get our claim paid according to the policy for a total loss. They have had an estimate several days after the tornado which no question completely destroyed our home. They came up with actual cash value with depreciation that coinsides by some miracle with only one portion of the policy. We have a replacement cost policy that they don't want to honor.

In other words a breach of contract. We could never ever have rebuilt the home according to their low ball estimate. They even went so far as to say there was a structure still standing which is laughable after seeing the pictures . You can look on the website for pictures of the November 17, 2013 tornado.

One third of the town was destroyed. After loosing everything due to a tornado you expect to be able to make your lives whole again with the expectation of using the insurance policy that you paid for and yet they refuse to pay for the loss according to the policy. In addition Summer and Associates does not back up the policy you purchased from them. Since that horrible day Auto Owners has made our life a living *** for 3years trying to get them to pay for our loss and using the policy.

If you can't use the policy for a total loss then when? My husband was a vet as well as the entire family so we have had insurance with USAA for over 50 years and never once have had a problem. I can assure you no one deserves to be put through more trauma after a natural disaster and loosing your home memories after 67 years. All I can say is get other insurance and make sure you know the policy inside and out.

Have an attorney review if necessary. I urge you not to buy a policy from Auto Owners you will be extremely disappointed if you think they are going to do anything helpful or pay for your loss.

There only intention is to minimize your loss to save the company money.They need to change their slogan of the (No problem People ) to the Cheat People

Review about: Auto Owners Insurance Claim.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Auto Owners Insurance?

Comments

Lexington, Kentucky, United States #1229515

They live to do vets wrong and they'll bind you in a claim so you can't get insured.Attorneys don't help they have no interest.

Contents replacement under AINS is a ripoff.I'm moving into a metal building it's better Living conditions than a rotting storm damaged house

Rob hanks