Columbia, Maryland

I ordered a truck tailgate cap from AutoAnything.The item came quickly and when opening it, I noticed it had "Wrinkles".

It seemed obvious that the cap was bent or the box hit with something. The box was not sturdy, but had no obvious damage (when looking at it later, there are some creases in the box, but they did not line up with all of the damage on the item). I called to return and replace. The AutoAnything rep.

asked if it was shipping damage. I said I could not confirm that it was or was not. They wanted me to blame shipping - but I couldn't tell, it could have been handling at any stage and would not be obvious to the person loading or shipping the item. They asked for pictures, which I sent.

Without calling, UPS showed up two days later to pick it up. My wife gave it to them then we heard nothing. I sent a couple e-mails (a specific rep gave me the e-mail to send the photos) with no response. After calling, they did give a refund.

They should have updated us on the status. It was frustrating that I had to take pictures of the damage and send it to them before they would act and then they would not send me a confirmation concerning their disposition. It was also frustrating that they would not tell me if they were sending a replacement or giving a refund. They only took action on the refund when I contacted them again.

Positives: quick shipping, quick return, I spoke with a person twice with just a short wait, refund given.Negatives: required photos of damage, tried to have me blame shipping, no communication, no initiative to replace or refund without further follow-up.

Review about: Bushwacker Smooth Tailgate Cap.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Bushwacker Tailgate Cap
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Auto Anything?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.