Audi Coral Springs - unethical business practices, misrepresentation of credit approval and bait and switch practices
I am compelled to share with you a rather disappointing experience with one of your dealerships, Audi Coral Springs, Florida.
We recently decided to purchase a new car, since we currently have an Audi 2015 A5 Convertible lease and having a good experience with the quality of the A5, we decided to continue our business with Audi.
On 08-04-15, my wife went online to Audi of Coral Springs FL and found a pre-owned certified Audi A6 that matched our criteria. She contacted the dealership and made an appointment with Stephanie for 7 p.m. that day to see the car that we wanted, 2015 A6 (Stock# EMP196 | VIN: WAUCFAFC0FN002861).
We arrived a little early, the sales manager directed us to another sales person Richard "***" Cumberland. Richard took us on the golf cart to go look at the car that we wanted to see, he couldn't find the car, he said that he thinks that it was taken to the auction to be sold and it was not updated in the database, I asked him to verify that. Richard proceeded to show us a few cars that were not in our budget or what we were looking for.
When we got back to Richard’s desk, he attempted to sell us cars that were not in our budget. Upon me asking Richard for the fourth time to verify the that the car that we wanted was actually taken to the auction or not, Richard "found" the car, it was being cleaned and prepped for us.
We inspected the car and decided that we wanted to purchase the car. I told him that we would be putting $20,000 down on the car, which we would be financing approx. $17,000.
Richard said that they (the dealership) had to run a "soft dip" on my credit to see what the interest rate would be. Richard affirmatively stated that it would be a "soft dip" and not a "hard pull". They ran my credit and came up with a monthly payment program for me. I told him that we would be back in about a week to finalize this transaction, that we would keep in touch.
A few days later I was contacted by my online credit monitoring service informing me that there was two (2) hard pull credit inquires made on my credit by Audi Coral Spring. Not only was the hard pull done on 08-04-15, it was also pulled again on 08-11-15 without my knowledge or legal authorization.
We contacted Richard Cumberland about this, he played dumb and said that we doesn't know what the guys in the back, do back there and apologized for the event.
On 08-14-15, we went to dealership with a check for $20,000 to finalize the transaction and take delivery of the car.
Upon arriving at Audi Coral Springs, Richard said let's go for a ride on the golf cart, he made small talk with us as he drove us back to the service dept. He told us that there was a problem with the car, that it had been involved in a car accident. Apparently, one of the service porters ran into it with another car causing damage to the driver's door, mirror and front quarter panel.
Richard said that it would take a week or more to get the parts in to fix it. Richard also said that they were not going to file a police report because they didn't want it to show up on the CarFax Report for both cars. Richard drove us around the lot showing us other cars, then we returned to his desk.
We told him that we still wanted the car and that we would appreciate it if they reduced the car down from $36,999 to $36,000 for the inconvenience of having to wait 7-10 days for delivery and for the fact that it was now involved in car accident.
Richard's Sales Mgr “Steve” came over to play the part of concerned sales mgr, I told Steve that I was really upset with the dealership for deceiving me by telling me that they were only soft dipping my credit and actually did two (2) hard dips. Steve acted shocked that that would have been done and he said that he was going to look into it and then left us.
Richard then went and met with Steve for about 20 minutes, Richard came back and stated that they would not sell us the car for $36,000 or at all, even at the original price of $36,999, Richard said that it was not the right car for us. It would be a bad business decision on their (dealership) part, that it was going to cost the dealership a few thousand dollars to fix the cars and they would be better off holding on to the car and marking it up to $39,000 to recoup the expense of the repairs. Richard said that he had the perfect win-win solution, he would sell us a brand new 2016 A6 for $57k and give us a "*** deal" on it for $53k. We would the “*** ones” for spending nearly $20k more than we originally wanted to spend in the first place to take that offer.
I got really annoyed with the whole Audi dealership experience, I took our check and told him that I was going to contact Audi corporate, The Better Business Bureau and other online watch dog sites and left the dealership.
Richard called my wife and few minutes later trying to sway into not making a big deal about this. She told him that we have acted in good faith, we did everything that we said that we were going to do, that the dealership mislead and lied to us.
Audi Coral Springs did not conduct themselves with integrity or act in good faith. The fact that they are going to hide the fact from the public that the cars were involved in accident is very deceiving and unethical.
This dealership really needs to be investigated on unethical business practices, misrepresentation of credit approval and bait and switch practices.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unethical business practices
- Misrepresentation of credit approval
- Bait and switch practices
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2015 Audi A6
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am from Las Vegas, NV. and bought a car from Siamak’s Car Company: I found a vehicle that I was seriously interested in at Siamak’s Car Company of 777..."
- "I bought a new 2015 Keystone RV Fuzion 371 fifth wheel this fall. Before I even got it parked at home, the front slide had a cable fall off..."
- "We ordered a brand new 2014 Georgetown 378XL and took delivery from Cold Springs RV in Weare NH in late May 2013. We immediately noted undisclosed damage to the outside..."
- "So it was my prom day last Saturday and I went to the Ulta in Coral Springs. I had an appointment for hair and make up. Elizabeth did a beautiful..."
- "My husband and I was in COral Springs location with another couple.We waited 45 mins. to be seated and when we finally got in I went to the bathroom to..."
- "For CSAH and all neurologists, be SURE you do not let them do an EMG/Nerve biopsy on your dog. For many breeds there are genetic marker tests which requires a..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."