Auburn Chevrolet - DON'T TRUST THEIR RECALL SERVICES UNLESS YOU WANT A FIRE!!!
I waited months for Auburn Chevrolet to get the parts necessary to fulfill the oil leak and ignition switch parts for the GM recall.I had the recall service work done on 4/13/2016.
My vehicle is a 2001 Chevy Impala with 149k miles on it. During all this time I had no problems with my vehicle - UNTIL Chevrolet did this recall. GM is on it's 3rd go round of recalls to fix this issue with my vehicle. The last process that GM recommended was for the valve cover and gasket replaced.
But since 1,324 other cars still caught fire after this fix as done, they also recommended removing all the plastics under the hood that was close to the exhaust manifold. So when oil hit the manifold it would cause a slight fire that would go out easily as long as no plastic combustibles were close to it. Since Auburn Chevrolet did NOT follow this process the combustibles were there and caught fire when the oil from the valve cover hit the manifold and generated a fire. I was on freeway and saw smoke and pulled into a Safeway parking lot in Covington, Wa.
The car shut itself off and flames were coming from the middle-front of my vehicle. OMG, I still have nightmares that my baby was in the car with me and we blew up. This occurred on 4/22/2016. Now how could this NOT be Auburn Chevrolet's fault?
The General Manager Doug Bivens said in his 20 year expert. he never heard of cars catching fire, bull-1,324 of the 1.4million recalled cars did. Auburn Chevrolet and GM says I should have insurance to cover this issue. I'm disabled and I have insurance that is required for me to be legal, I can't afford full coverage.
And why should my insurance pay for it when they BLEW the repairs. We gave Mr Bivens 7 days to come up with a fix for this dilemma. Apparently he has no conscience and therefore customer satisfaction is NOT their priority.
HOW ON EARTH CAN THE BBB GIVE THIS COMPANY AN A+, GM HAS THE WORST RECORD FOR RECALLS OVER 29MILLION IN 2014 ALONE.DON'T BUY CHEVY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being lied too
- Nor being dismissed
- Bad service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Nothing like the thrill of buying a new 2015 Coachman Mirada 35 LSF 1f66f5dy6foao4474, What a rotten experience we have been through' It all started with Collier RV in Rockford'..."
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "I spent hours on the phone with three salesmen, two so-called sales managers (or was one a so-called customer service specialist) was told "We will get back to you in..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."