Auburn Chevrolet - DON'T TRUST THEIR RECALL SERVICES UNLESS YOU WANT A FIRE!!!
I waited months for Auburn Chevrolet to get the parts necessary to fulfill the oil leak and ignition switch parts for the GM recall.I had the recall service work done on 4/13/2016.
My vehicle is a 2001 Chevy Impala with 149k miles on it. During all this time I had no problems with my vehicle - UNTIL Chevrolet did this recall. GM is on it's 3rd go round of recalls to fix this issue with my vehicle. The last process that GM recommended was for the valve cover and gasket replaced.
But since 1,324 other cars still caught fire after this fix as done, they also recommended removing all the plastics under the hood that was close to the exhaust manifold. So when oil hit the manifold it would cause a slight fire that would go out easily as long as no plastic combustibles were close to it. Since Auburn Chevrolet did NOT follow this process the combustibles were there and caught fire when the oil from the valve cover hit the manifold and generated a fire. I was on freeway and saw smoke and pulled into a Safeway parking lot in Covington, Wa.
The car shut itself off and flames were coming from the middle-front of my vehicle. OMG, I still have nightmares that my baby was in the car with me and we blew up. This occurred on 4/22/2016. Now how could this NOT be Auburn Chevrolet's fault?
The General Manager Doug Bivens said in his 20 year expert. he never heard of cars catching fire, bull-1,324 of the 1.4million recalled cars did. Auburn Chevrolet and GM says I should have insurance to cover this issue. I'm disabled and I have insurance that is required for me to be legal, I can't afford full coverage.
And why should my insurance pay for it when they BLEW the repairs. We gave Mr Bivens 7 days to come up with a fix for this dilemma. Apparently he has no conscience and therefore customer satisfaction is NOT their priority.
HOW ON EARTH CAN THE BBB GIVE THIS COMPANY AN A+, GM HAS THE WORST RECORD FOR RECALLS OVER 29MILLION IN 2014 ALONE.DON'T BUY CHEVY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being lied too
- Nor being dismissed
- Bad service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " I almost died! 11-15-2015 My 2015 open range light bunkhouse had an electrical fire. The motor to the electric jack was on fire catching the plastic propane tank..."
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "We got a bed from Easyhome and a few months later we got bed bugs. We called Easyhome ( Store #202, 9104-118th Ave, Edmonton) They told us to throw the..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."