ATV Discounter - POOR PRODUCTS, AND NO SUPPORT! ALSO VERY DANGERIOUS! Fort Worth Texas
I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor bike. Was a little scared at first, until I got to riding it.
Well to start off the bike came as promised. Everything looked fine, it was put together by my father in law, and I started riding it about a week later after getting it all registered and legal to be on the road.
Well to start of with the bike was blowing the fuse that was attached to the battery, and the only solution was to replace it when it would blow. I contacted ATVD (ATV Discounter) and stated the problem, and they told me I had to take it to a small engine repair shop. I called every small engine repair shop in town. I first found one company that deals with Scooters and ATVs and they had a look at the bike and told me that they believed that it was a voltage regulator. This shop billed me $27.00, just to look at the bike. So I called ATVD and asked that they ship a Voltage Regulator to replace the faulty one. They did with out any charge, and I returned the other one back to them for warranty part. During this time the bike did start to hesitate quite a bit and when I called ATVD, they told me that it was because the carburetor was not adjusted correctly. So then I took it to a different small engine repair shop that was suggested to me because the previous shop was over worked, and this being my only vehicle, I needed to keep it running. So I took it to the other shop. I was charged $144.00 to have the carburetor serviced, and sparkplug replaced. Here ATVD stopped responding to my phone calls or calls from the shop requesting assistance.
1 week later, I decided to take it back to the first shop. They serviced the bike and diagnosed a whole slue of problems, but when they called to get assistance, they received the same service that I my self had as well as the previous shop. So they decided to make the repairs that the deemed fit at the time. They had to replace the battery, ANOTHER voltage regulator, service the carburetor, replace the sparkplug again, and replaced the lights that were blown from the voltage regulator that ATVD just sent to me. They replace it with a Yamaha Regulator. So the total bill was $562.00+.
Then a month later, after that repair, the back brake was dysfunctional, and again took it back to the shop, and found that the pads needed to be replaced. Not only the brakes were issues, but it was under hesitation AGAIN, and also the battery was being killed cause of yet again, another electrical issue. This cost me another $50.00.
I tried on numerous occasions to contact someone in the parts department at ATVD and no one returned my calls, or even sent me an email after numerous attempts to talk to someone to get this issue resolved. Well that didnâ€™t happen till 7-3-2008 when I got a hold of someone in the sales department telling me that the warranty procedures had changed and that I needed to email someone, just to get a response. Well I did what was asked. One thing I made certain I needed to get new headlight lamps and was willing to pay for them. When I had made the inquiry about the lamps, I was told that I would have to send them back to the factory and they would cover it under warranty. I just wanted to get them, and send them back and have them revert the charge back to my credit card. Well unfortunately I didnt get a response back to my request till 7-6-2008 after one response of them telling me to send the parts back and I had indicated that I was willing to pay for them to have them sent.
Well today 07-07-2008 I had my own little 4th of July fireworks. Just as I was leaving work, I noted that there was a big orange light on my right side, when I looked down there was a huge ball of fire, and then moments later, the bike was fully engulfed in flames, totaling the bike.
So now here is where I sit today. After numerous attempts to have them get a replacement because of this lemon, or finding someone in town to even work on this bike, I had no where else to turn. This was my primary source of transportation. Now I have no transportation to work and a loss of over $1,600.00; money that I could have spent on a down payment for a decent used car.
So now what are my choices?
So read what others are saying, they just got bad parts, and poor service. I could have lost my LIFE!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "I purchased a Thor Hurracaine 2016 in August 2015. So much is wrong with it .The furnace still does not work right. The bedroom closets are leaking, but would..."
- "We bought a2008 Raptor toy hauler in 2011 which had been out of storage on several occasions for on a week @a time---The unit looked BRAND NEW---BEAUTIFUL. Found slight..."
- "I purchased what was advertised as a wrought iron chandelier. What I received was a black painted metal chandelier. I contacted Zulily, was thrown a bone...$20 credit. Hah, like I..."
- "he keeps moving it, even though the city has marked where im supposed to put the trash can, and i make sure that he has a clear path to the..."
- "I have now had my boat listed on One stop Motors for over two years. I have not had one phone call come to me from that listing. Yes they..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."