ATeam Moving and Storage - Misleading Quotes; Damage to Home
I hired this company (A Team Moving and Storage, 1417 Exchange Drive, Richardson, TX (469) 229-0751) to move my household goods from one house in Allen, TX to our new home in Lantana, TX in November, 2012.Issue 1: I provided them a complete and accurate list of all of my household goods, and got a quote of about $800 for moving costs.
In the end, they ended up charging me close to $3000. That's one thing. More importantly, 2: They not only damaged my washer, but they also caused damaged to my brand new, new construction home. They hit the edge of the front door, made scratches on the floor, and hit several walls.
I am a reasonable person and understand these things happen, so I was not upset about it. I just expected the company to do the right thing and reimburse me for the damages. NEVER HAPPENED. In fact, they blamed ME for taking just THREE days in which to report the damages (because family was in town for Thanksgiving I did not want to deal with them at the time).
They said "We don't know that you didn't cause those damages." I disputed the only portion of the moving costs that I could, with VISA, because I put about $800 on the credit card. In a letter to VISA, they LIED and were MISLEADING by saying that I could file a claim with their insurance, all the while knowing that their insurance only covers damage to GOODS (items moved), not damage to the home itself. In their letter to VISA they even accused me of trying to get out of paying my moving costs, EVEN THOUGH they admitted that their own movers admitted damaging my front door.
This is a shady, lying, misleading, nasty company that blames their own customers for any problems they cause.Do yourself a favor and never do business with them!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "BEWARE!!!! these people have been a nightmare! I had a simple move from an apartment to a storage while I go out of state for training. These Morons..."
- "I would also like to announce here the irresponsibility of LBC in handling packages. I sent a small TV thru LBC Singapore bound to Phils and the item was damaged..."
- "Movinghelp.com was recommended to my neighbor who had rented a U-haul truck by the U-Haul folks. The mover had his own pickup truck there & his girlfriend driving it...."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "82 year old lady cheated out of thousands of dollars in commissions and marketing reimbursement expenses.Attention consumers, potential dealers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and lending institutions. I am an 82 year..."
- "Dish network killed my puppy. I live on a dead end drive with no trespassing signs posted around my property. Today a few minutes after I let my puppy out to..."
- "I went store #536, i paid for the same shoes different price the reason is one was in clearance the other pair on sale rack. I cant belive this,..."