ATeam Moving and Storage - Misleading Quotes; Damage to Home
I hired this company (A Team Moving and Storage, 1417 Exchange Drive, Richardson, TX (469) 229-0751) to move my household goods from one house in Allen, TX to our new home in Lantana, TX in November, 2012.Issue 1: I provided them a complete and accurate list of all of my household goods, and got a quote of about $800 for moving costs.
In the end, they ended up charging me close to $3000. That's one thing. More importantly, 2: They not only damaged my washer, but they also caused damaged to my brand new, new construction home. They hit the edge of the front door, made scratches on the floor, and hit several walls.
I am a reasonable person and understand these things happen, so I was not upset about it. I just expected the company to do the right thing and reimburse me for the damages. NEVER HAPPENED. In fact, they blamed ME for taking just THREE days in which to report the damages (because family was in town for Thanksgiving I did not want to deal with them at the time).
They said "We don't know that you didn't cause those damages." I disputed the only portion of the moving costs that I could, with VISA, because I put about $800 on the credit card. In a letter to VISA, they LIED and were MISLEADING by saying that I could file a claim with their insurance, all the while knowing that their insurance only covers damage to GOODS (items moved), not damage to the home itself. In their letter to VISA they even accused me of trying to get out of paying my moving costs, EVEN THOUGH they admitted that their own movers admitted damaging my front door.
This is a shady, lying, misleading, nasty company that blames their own customers for any problems they cause.Do yourself a favor and never do business with them!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "Using All State for a cross-country move is the biggest mistake I ever made!! I have since discovered that All State Van Lines has many complaints filed against them, all..."
- "The manager Geoffrey Taylor and Victoria are racist. I went to see about a storage unit and was told they no more units available as soon as I walked in..."
- "Complaint Details Hi there, dispute for the following orders# GAZ1263,GAZ1190,GAZ1182. First of all I only received 49 items instead of 71 from three separate orders. Not only that 13 of the..."
- "Purchased a couch set - surface of the sofa upholstery wearing off. I purchased warranty - they say won't cover. Customer service kicked me out. Wasted 270 Dollars on warranty. Bargain best..."
- "Even though I have a Corolla, I'm quite familiar with Lute Riley, as I've owned several Hondas in the past (and my wife has one now). So when my tire..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."