ATeam Moving and Storage - Misleading Quotes; Damage to Home
I hired this company (A Team Moving and Storage, 1417 Exchange Drive, Richardson, TX (469) 229-0751) to move my household goods from one house in Allen, TX to our new home in Lantana, TX in November, 2012.Issue 1: I provided them a complete and accurate list of all of my household goods, and got a quote of about $800 for moving costs.
In the end, they ended up charging me close to $3000. That's one thing. More importantly, 2: They not only damaged my washer, but they also caused damaged to my brand new, new construction home. They hit the edge of the front door, made scratches on the floor, and hit several walls.
I am a reasonable person and understand these things happen, so I was not upset about it. I just expected the company to do the right thing and reimburse me for the damages. NEVER HAPPENED. In fact, they blamed ME for taking just THREE days in which to report the damages (because family was in town for Thanksgiving I did not want to deal with them at the time).
They said "We don't know that you didn't cause those damages." I disputed the only portion of the moving costs that I could, with VISA, because I put about $800 on the credit card. In a letter to VISA, they LIED and were MISLEADING by saying that I could file a claim with their insurance, all the while knowing that their insurance only covers damage to GOODS (items moved), not damage to the home itself. In their letter to VISA they even accused me of trying to get out of paying my moving costs, EVEN THOUGH they admitted that their own movers admitted damaging my front door.
This is a shady, lying, misleading, nasty company that blames their own customers for any problems they cause.Do yourself a favor and never do business with them!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "Just moved and I hired Green Planet Movers.Moving day 2 men show up to do the job like quoted.They where pretty rough on the boxes sliding them down the steps.Well..."
- "I purchased a ebike from X-Treme and have had nothing but trouble, and I have contacted the company without any response 1.rear wheel spokes assemble out of sequence that..."
- "My husband recently hired on with malone flat bed. After three weeks no pay, my husband came down with a infection, he had to have surgery, his dispatcher calls him..."
- "82 year old lady cheated out of thousands of dollars in commissions and marketing reimbursement expenses.Attention consumers, potential dealers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and lending institutions. I am an 82 year..."
- "Metropolitan Builders in Lewisville did my neighbor's fence and in doing so damaged my portion of fence that 'should have been tied into the new fence' and never repaired the..."
- "I received a damaged item that was dead on arrival. It was a Christmas present to my son. The transmitter would not power up. I sent..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."