Austin, Texas
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

I purchased Renter Insurance with Assurant via Geico.I've had them for some years now.

A few days ago I went to the store and the bathroom mirror in my apartment had fallin from the wall crashed destroyed a custom make up holder with the make up in the box ruined glass everywhere. Assurant said they covered things falling but it had to be like a tree. I am like are you serious? I am paying for a personal content policy which is everything within the four walls.

I live in an apartment this should be covered!!!!! The adjuster and his supervisor were extremely rude. I wrote the CEO, VP and then went to Twitter and said i wont stop telling people until my claim is paid.

The VP of claims called me back and said your claim will not be paid so stop twitting.Sad.

Review about: Renters Insurance.

I didn't like: Rude customer service, None payment of claim, Didnt fix the solution.

Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Assurant Renters Insurance
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Be fair in paying the claim

Had an Experience with Assurant?

Comments

Slarussi
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1217743

I read that you live in an apartment and have renter's insurance.The purpose of renter's insurance is to protect your personal property from loss or damage.

If you had reported these items stolen, damaged in a flood, or fire they would have to pay because the landlord's property insurance doesn't cover it. We are landlords and our property insurance only covers the dwelling, not the contents. Therefore our rental agreement specifically advises our tenants that they must purchase rental insurance for their personal property. Time to call the insurance commissioner and file a formal complaint.

Call your assemblyman.

How would a tree fall inside an apartment.That's laughable.

Sugar Grove, North Carolina, United States #1213149

I think that should be covered by your LANDLORD.Give them a call and see if they will help.

to Anonymous Irving, Texas, United States #1218672

You are correct. If the building is unsafe, it is the landlord's fault.