Associated Technical College atcla.edu Is A Scam! Worthless Telecomm Diploma!
First, I want to let the world know this school [www.atcla.edu] gives out worthless paper mill oriented telecommunication diplomas' based off ancient unused phone systems and don't even have certified teachers teaching their courses. Some of the time, they will even hire graduate students to be teachers, and none of them are actually experienced in today's workforce regarding their "Telecommunications Technology Program" course.
They charge way too much for this course and don't help you gain any type of known IT certification like CompTIA's or Microsoft's plus lack having any authorization from those IT establishments showing they are an authorized partner! They also don't guarantee any type of employment once you are passed through their training program.
Ask them to show real stats on their website or in person at the school, and you'll find the years of students who work at fast food, unemployed or have a job outside the telecommunications field after they left the school to get hired to work.
It's not a requirement of the school to get you back to work in the telecom industry. They actually lie about their certification courses, and short hand all the equipment [i.e. broken PC workstations, outdated or unusable wiring tools, etc]. They are very irrelevant with their education, even posting on their website they'll teach you Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 which are both outdated since 2015 and not used in any offices or businesses anymore since Microsoft expired both operating systems years ago.
They give you very basic 1-2 week courses which you could learn online free that you could study on your own, most of the lessons you will have to learn on your own, based off unverified literature the school slaps together from various websites they copy data from.
Here is a link to the atcla.edu course to avoid:
You won't learn VoIP or SIP, you won't learn about TDM or wiring T1's. You won't learn how to setup a sip trunk or TDM trunk in a cisco router, you won't even really learn how to configure a PBX!! You won't learn how to code a SIP Server nor setup one which a lot of business require nowadays!
Nor will you learn how to setup a firewall or even interact with a real telecommunications company. They boast they teach customer service but that's also another lie!
This place has super-dumbed down courses to give you straight A's for their annual records, so you pass, they send you back into the world and nobody cares if you truly did make it to an IT job or Telco career.
Please do not attend this school and shame on their staff for allowing such a place to exist knowing most the students aren't going to make it into the telecommunications field even though they raise the tuition fees every couple of years with job placement severly behind their student grade stats.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- I dont approve of the high teacher turnover rate
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Associated Technical College Telecommunications Technology Program
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The software is lousy, the textbooks are overpriced, and support? what support? They made me pay TWICE b/c they happily took my payment but didn't give me access to my..."
- "As a community college student, clearly I'm not swimming in money; I'm TRYING to complete a simple 2 year degree at a community college to go to a University so..."
- "I signed up with Lone Wolf of Arkansas as a freight broker this summer after seeing a ad in a home business magazine. The ad said to sign up it..."
- "BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. A SELLER SOLD ME A WATCH AND WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME WATCH, NOR WAS IT AUTHENTIC. I RETURNED IT TO TRADESY AND..."
- "I sent Pella Corporation a Very Serious Letter of complaint by email back on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 because I had bought one of their Glass Screen Doors and was..."
- "Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews. I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative..."
- "To all those who are in contact with the British ABC74 (fraud group) to rent or buy out of people: 1. All Leasing SBLCs , Can not be used as..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "Ava's Flowers charged me $60 for the most pathetic arrangement that wasn't even remotely close to what I ordered. I was so embarrassed. I sent it to a client contact..."