Associated Technical College atcla.edu Is A Scam! Worthless Telecomm Diploma!
First, I want to let the world know this school [www.atcla.edu] gives out worthless paper mill oriented telecommunication diplomas' based off ancient unused phone systems and don't even have certified teachers teaching their courses. Some of the time, they will even hire graduate students to be teachers, and none of them are actually experienced in today's workforce regarding their "Telecommunications Technology Program" course.
They charge way too much for this course and don't help you gain any type of known IT certification like CompTIA's or Microsoft's plus lack having any authorization from those IT establishments showing they are an authorized partner! They also don't guarantee any type of employment once you are passed through their training program.
Ask them to show real stats on their website or in person at the school, and you'll find the years of students who work at fast food, unemployed or have a job outside the telecommunications field after they left the school to get hired to work.
It's not a requirement of the school to get you back to work in the telecom industry. They actually lie about their certification courses, and short hand all the equipment [i.e. broken PC workstations, outdated or unusable wiring tools, etc]. They are very irrelevant with their education, even posting on their website they'll teach you Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 which are both outdated since 2015 and not used in any offices or businesses anymore since Microsoft expired both operating systems years ago.
They give you very basic 1-2 week courses which you could learn online free that you could study on your own, most of the lessons you will have to learn on your own, based off unverified literature the school slaps together from various websites they copy data from.
Here is a link to the atcla.edu course to avoid:
You won't learn VoIP or SIP, you won't learn about TDM or wiring T1's. You won't learn how to setup a sip trunk or TDM trunk in a cisco router, you won't even really learn how to configure a PBX!! You won't learn how to code a SIP Server nor setup one which a lot of business require nowadays!
Nor will you learn how to setup a firewall or even interact with a real telecommunications company. They boast they teach customer service but that's also another lie!
This place has super-dumbed down courses to give you straight A's for their annual records, so you pass, they send you back into the world and nobody cares if you truly did make it to an IT job or Telco career.
Please do not attend this school and shame on their staff for allowing such a place to exist knowing most the students aren't going to make it into the telecommunications field even though they raise the tuition fees every couple of years with job placement severly behind their student grade stats.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- I dont approve of the high teacher turnover rate
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Associated Technical College Telecommunications Technology Program
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was always that average student who found every one in three assignments challenging. I was never sure homework sites were of much use and believed anyone who told you..."
- "Mr. Dave Seeram of Photographybb.com put out this magazine called Clarity a few years ago with promises that it would be released quarterly, 8 times. It has been continually late,..."
- "As a community college student, clearly I'm not swimming in money; I'm TRYING to complete a simple 2 year degree at a community college to go to a University so..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "This place *** suck , the manager as yet to return my calls and when I go to the office she is to busy to talk. I reported i have..."
- "I had this contractor put up a gate. It was made from redwood. He did not match sides or hide the nail marks. He left gaps in..."
- "This is a scam warning!! Julian Rouas Paris - A Perfume Deal That Stinks!! Julian Rouas is making money on the wrong side of the law. Investors, beware! Financing Julian..."
- " The company I used was ABM Van Lines, but according to their MC and DOT numbers, they go by the name, "ASAP Relocations." Their rating with Better Business San Jose..."