Associated Commercial Equipment - Unsatisfied
I recently took my desktop computer to Michael Elchhorn for repair due to a power surge.I thought only the power supply had been affected however when i purchased a new one i could not get it to load at all.
I took it to Michael to have it checked out and he told me it was the hard drive and quoted me $150 to install a 2 TB hard drive and $120 labour however when he contacted me to say it was repaired and i could pick it up. When i picked it up he told me it was $290 all up and once he took my money he said by the way I only put a 160 gb hard drive in. I was taken aback and told him i wanted what i had paid for a 2 TB hard drive. He said he would look into it.
I then took my computer home and turned it on, as soon as i tried to open the browser it would shut down it was not fixed at all. i contacted him and he told me to bring it straight back in he had it a few days and then informed me that more was damaged due to the power surge and that it was far more expensive to fix it up then to replace it. He then informed me i owed him another $60. I didnt feel i owed him this at all as i did not get what i had paid for in the first place.
i contacted my insurance company on this matter as they could replace my computer as well as reimburse me for what i had paid this business. Michael contacted the the insurance company and sent them the invoice of what i had paid plus what i owed him. the company told me that he needed to state that these repairs were attempted and did not fix the computer at all.and he had not reimbursed me the amount. I would be refunded through my insurance on this matter.
At the same time that i gave him my desktop computer i gave him my laptop to have the fan replaced well that cost me $220 the fan was $43 and the rest was for labour. he informed me it was this much as he decided to give it a service. I did not ask for a service all i wanted was the fan installed and to be charged for services i never asked for was wrong and he had never contacted me to ask if i wished him to do this. I keep trying to contact Michael but to no avail he told me has no more to say to me and this is due to my telling him that i feel ripped off first on the computer and then on the laptop.
All he has to do on the desktop is to do the right thing and contact my insurance company on the charges of the attempted repair so that they can reimburse me.
Also the laptop that he did the so called service on shuts down now..never did that prior to his work.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Trusted this scam artist of claiming he can sell me 1000 units of iPad minis. Sent the money to this clown to some pre-paid card account, for he claims it..."
- "My experience with Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA was the absolute worst experience that I've ever had with any dentist or dental network. I literally almost died because of a..."
- "My mom went to Atlantic City (New Jersey) where she bought a bag at Naturalizer. She didn't use it until she got back home. Today she was looking for something..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "Last 3 pairs of nb trainers had stiching fail at toe within 8 weeks . Only used as a walking shoe 5 days a week...."
- "I ordered flowers for my daughter's B/day. I live in Australia and the flowers were delivered to her office in London on time & with chocolates. Easy payment and ordering..."