Associated Commercial Equipment- Michael Elchhorn - Unsatisfied
I recently took my desktop computer to Michael Elchhorn for repair due to a power surge.I thought only the power supply had been affected however when i purchased a new one i could not get it to load at all.
I took it to Michael to have it checked out and he told me it was the hard drive and quoted me $150 to install a 2 TB hard drive and $120 labour however when he contacted me to say it was repaired and i could pick it up. When i picked it up he told me it was $290 all up and once he took my money he said by the way I only put a 160 gb hard drive in. I was taken aback and told him i wanted what i had paid for a 2 TB hard drive. He said he would look into it.
I then took my computer home and turned it on, as soon as i tried to open the browser it would shut down it was not fixed at all. i contacted him and he told me to bring it straight back in he had it a few days and then informed me that more was damaged due to the power surge and that it was far more expensive to fix it up then to replace it. He then informed me i owed him another $60. I didnt feel i owed him this at all as i did not get what i had paid for in the first place.
i contacted my insurance company on this matter as they could replace my computer as well as reimburse me for what i had paid this business. Michael contacted the the insurance company and sent them the invoice of what i had paid plus what i owed him. the company told me that he needed to state that these repairs were attempted and did not fix the computer at all.and he had not reimbursed me the amount. I would be refunded through my insurance on this matter.
At the same time that i gave him my desktop computer i gave him my laptop to have the fan replaced well that cost me $220 the fan was $43 and the rest was for labour. he informed me it was this much as he decided to give it a service. I did not ask for a service all i wanted was the fan installed and to be charged for services i never asked for was wrong and he had never contacted me to ask if i wished him to do this. I keep trying to contact Michael but to no avail he told me has no more to say to me and this is due to my telling him that i feel ripped off first on the computer and then on the laptop.
All he has to do on the desktop is to do the right thing and contact my insurance company on the charges of the attempted repair so that they can reimburse me.
Also the laptop that he did the so called service on shuts down now..never did that prior to his work.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Nulla sit amet est. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nulla neque dolor, sagittis eget, iaculis quis, molestie non, velit. Praesent blandit laoreet nibh. Sed libero. Etiam..."
- "Hole in One International and the SAME People different names Hole in One USA Odds on Promotions have over 70 BBB complaints 20 Local Poor Reviews 25 Rip Off reports..."
- "I ordered a 12x12 frame from walmart.com (sold by Bic Warehouse), and it was broken when I received it. Not only was the glass broken, but the frame was snapped..."
- "I ordered flowers for my daughter's B/day. I live in Australia and the flowers were delivered to her office in London on time & with chocolates. Easy payment and ordering..."
- "Last 3 pairs of nb trainers had stiching fail at toe within 8 weeks . Only used as a walking shoe 5 days a week...."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."