AAG purchased a 6 year old debt from Wells Fargo. The debt was last reported by Wells Fargo as $23,779 in November 2009. As soon as AAG bought it, the debt suddenly jumped to $35,810 in March 2010 and $37,784 in May. They did not reply to my FDCPA letter for verification and ignored my follow up cease communications letter as well, both of which I had mailed certified with return receipt. On June 1 I turned everything over to WV Attorney Generals Office Consumer Protection Division. They were very interested and said this company had multiple violations in the state and were already under investigation and told me if I received anything else or the company sued to contact their office immediately.
WV state law forbids a debt collector from adding interest or fees to a purchased debt and Calvary and National Service Bureau were recently sued for doing just that. "The second suit brought by the Attorney General McGraw's Consumer Protection Division contends that Seattle Service Bureau, Inc., which does business as National Service Bureau, of Shoreline, WA, is also unlicensed to collect debts in West Virginia and has added illegal interest, collection fees andother charges to debts allegedly owed by West Virginia consumers. State law says that except for certain education loans collection agencies are prohibited from adding fees to the debts they attempt to collect."
West Virginia residents, do NOT deal with this company, contact the Attorney General Office if you receive anything from them. You may be in for a big payday if they attempt to sue you, because it sounds like they might not even be licensed or bonded to collect debt in WV.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Old Wells Fargo Auto Loan
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Please see attached the chart page from a Transamerica Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL) policy. A California WFG agent sold this policy to a client earlier this year. Transamerica..."
- "I was in a bad car accident that totaled my car on October 1st. (Accident was not my fault). At the time of the accident my loan balance was about..."
- "I have been SCAMMED by the Directors of SKYShades, a Brisbane, (Australia) and Orlando, Florida (USA) based business, headed by a leading Brisbane Broncos Rugby League identity and an Australian..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."
- "Several months ago I agreed to receive a promotional package in the mail. If I took the offer I would pay so much a month and receive big discounts at..."
- "I bought a can of progresso light vegetable soup which contained a rodent of some kind. What should I do ????..."
- "I went to this car lot on August 9, 2015 it was an aweful experience, we went in there to buy a jeep, it's so ridiculous that the sales..."