AAG purchased a 6 year old debt from Wells Fargo. The debt was last reported by Wells Fargo as $23,779 in November 2009. As soon as AAG bought it, the debt suddenly jumped to $35,810 in March 2010 and $37,784 in May. They did not reply to my FDCPA letter for verification and ignored my follow up cease communications letter as well, both of which I had mailed certified with return receipt. On June 1 I turned everything over to WV Attorney Generals Office Consumer Protection Division. They were very interested and said this company had multiple violations in the state and were already under investigation and told me if I received anything else or the company sued to contact their office immediately.
WV state law forbids a debt collector from adding interest or fees to a purchased debt and Calvary and National Service Bureau were recently sued for doing just that. "The second suit brought by the Attorney General McGraw's Consumer Protection Division contends that Seattle Service Bureau, Inc., which does business as National Service Bureau, of Shoreline, WA, is also unlicensed to collect debts in West Virginia and has added illegal interest, collection fees andother charges to debts allegedly owed by West Virginia consumers. State law says that except for certain education loans collection agencies are prohibited from adding fees to the debts they attempt to collect."
West Virginia residents, do NOT deal with this company, contact the Attorney General Office if you receive anything from them. You may be in for a big payday if they attempt to sue you, because it sounds like they might not even be licensed or bonded to collect debt in WV.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Old Wells Fargo Auto Loan
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Als ehemaliger Geschäftspartnerwurde ich von Lazanas ebenfalls massiv betrogen und hintergangen. Ich habe die Einträge erst vor kurzem gesehen und von den diversen Strafverfolgungen gegen Lazanas erfahren. Er hat weder..."
- "A shocking dirty little secret of Universal Life policies: you LOSE all your policy's cash value when you croak. This is true of Transamerica’s Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL)..."
- "Earth Power Group is a subsidiary of Earth Power International, a “next generation” of scammers and swindlers for renewable energy companies and we are providers of the perfect scams within..."
- "I was charged a price for a pair of soccer shoes that was on the display for a lesser price when I brought it to the cashiers attention he argued..."
- "Was watering my flower on the patio, turnedthe knob off to work on my flowers, turned it back on and POW the knob flew off, happy it didn't hit..."
- "I went to this car lot on August 9, 2015 it was an aweful experience, we went in there to buy a jeep, it's so ridiculous that the sales..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."