Fresno, California
1.6K views 4 comments

Update by user May 01, 2013

Anyone who wants to fight them just email me. Do it now before it is to late. joseph-ybarra@sbcglobal.net

Update by user Apr 25, 2013

This is your chance anyone who is problem with ashford university.I am still fighting them and I know more of us are becoming victims of thier scams.

Contact me and tell me your story so I can forward it to a Ca Attorney General.My email is joseph-ybarra@sbcglobal.net

Update by user Jan 27, 2012

this is an update of what has happened.I have continued to fight Ashford University and now have the Better Business Bureu, the Attorney General of Iowa and contact the news.

If anyone wants to put a stop to Ashford University Please email me. I have wasted my time going through their process and would not contact me, ignore my emails, phone calls, and after four months finally contact me after the board of education talk to them. I will continue to fight them. If you are in the same situation contact me via email joseph-ybarra@sbcglobal.net to build this case.

you are not alone. There has been 34 complaints last year filed to the attorney general and approximately 80 complaints to the bbb within the last three years.

Fight them, don\'t give up and stand up for your rights.We are hard working people that was scammed by Ashford University.

Update by user Jan 16, 2012

if you wish to contact me email me joseph-ybarra@sbcglobal.net

Original review posted by user Dec 06, 2011

I was contacted by Ashford University by an enrollment counselor.I told him about my second lost of income, family of six, and I had qualified for a pell grant.

After being contacted several times, I decided to give Ashford University a try and stated the enrollment process. I send him all the information that he told me, the pell grant (Fasa), my taxes, my college transcripts and all the form he requested of me. Prior to starting school. I told him I did not want any surprises and asked numerous times if the Pell Grant was good.

He told me it was good. He continued to tell me the over and over the pell grant was good. I asked him about my college transcripts and asked and confirmed I was close to receiving my AA degree and he said yes. Several phone calls later (yes, I kept asking him about the Pell Grant was ok, and he said yes) he told me to complete a form for a loan.

I had told him several times that I could not afford any loans and the only reason I was attending college because of the Pell Grant. HE told me that it was part of the school policy. I asked again if my pell grant was good. And he said yes it good.

I had believed him since he was looking at it and he was an enrollment counselor. After reassure me the Pell grant was good, I did what he told me and completed and sign the form. I attended school (online) and was contacted in the middle or end of my first class by Ashford University Financial Aid which they told me my pell grant was no good and to reapply. The sent me the form to reapply and advised me to wait for two weeks for a response because the are very busy.

I did what they told me completed and faxed the forms and all the documents they requested. I attended my second class and was contacted by an academic counselor who advised me that they only accepted 12 out of the 90 credits that I had but if I went for my BA degree they would accept 64 credits. I told her that enrollment counselor told me I was close to my AA degree only needing 20 credits. I then dropped out of Ashford university and fighting them.

I have contacted the board of education and the BBB.

Please contact me via email joseph-ybarra@sbcglobal.net.This a short summery of what happened to me on 12/2010 and I have been fighting them since 5/2011

Review about: Enrollment Counselor.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $4
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ashford University?

Submit review

Comments

deanna lousie heward
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1296242

I went to two classes and now I owe ashford university over 8 thousand dollars . help

Don

Join the class action suit.

Wow sounds like I have company

I was not contacted but charged for four months of school then they withdrew me and said I owed a balance. Ryan McHargue@Ashford.edu

kejxy38
to Wow sounds like I have company Los Angeles, California, United States #641659

Please email me, and tell my your story I have now been contacted by CA ATTORNEY GENERAL. My email is joseph-ybarra@sbcglobal.net