Tampa, Florida
1.8K views 164 comments

I enrolled in Ashford university.All they did was take my money,these people are bad news.Stay away ,research all schools you might want to attend.I have found out that A large majority of these schools are scams and there Diplomas mean nothing.Contact your state education dept.They will usually tell you the online schools that are acceplbe in your state.Unfortunately I made the mistake of becoming involved with Ashford they only accepted in there own state of gerogia and no where else.,

BE VERRY CAREFUL WHICH ONLINE SCHOOL YOU DEAL WITH.Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hope you find the right school for you

Review about: University Attendance.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ashford University?

Comments

Jay
Union City, New Jersey, United States #892970

one thing I'm in Ashford University I'm just starting classes, if you say that Ashford is a joke so why you didn't find out if this university is accredited?before you start a class in a university you have to find out for your own how valuable is this university and their diplomas.

Nobody in this world will take a fake university, or those people are calling you many time, one thing just because you have a misunderstanding with Ashford that doesn't mean everybody will have the same mistake as you.The only thing you can do is find out by your own how much this university values instead coming over here and tell the world about your bad experience.

Kristen 29 yrs old
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #687276

I love Ashford!Super helpful staff.

Advisor always gets back with me, usually within the hour if I have a question. Classes are challenging but achievable. I'm going on my second and last year for BA in applied behavioral sciences.

I love it!:zzz

ceazer
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #663993

I attended ashford and maintained a grade point average of 3.5 my whole time and the university when I had 30 credits left I trade to transfer and several schools i spoke with would not except there credits.So i graduated from ashford since the I have had a very had time due to the diploma not being respected as much as one from other universities.

Ashford can be a challenging school if you apply your self but If you have the time to attend a local college not online do it your degree will be respected allot more and not waste 4 years.:(

Autumn

:) Ashford is always in touch with you like a newborn in the beginning and then at least twice a month there after but you need to answer your phone.I can contact my teacher via e-mail and some give their numbers out.

You just have to keep intouch and let them know what's going on with you. As for tutoring it is offer to those who have learning disabilities or problems. They offer me tutoring for my ADD. I have medical problems and they have given me an accommodations to my needs.

You just need to do the work and meet their guidelines and have it in by their rules and you accommodation letter if you have one. As for my degree being accepted is to be seen when I finish school.

But a lot of military people attend their university online, I've noticed in my classes.Just do the work and if you have problems let someone know, they will work with you.

Autumn

:) I attend Ashford University and they're out of Iowa.So far my experience with them has been great.

You have to do the discussions and reply to classmates to get credit in the classes. Writing assignments may be every week, or towards the end of the class. My teachers have been wonderful. Only one class for 5 weeks.

Thursday discussions are due, Monday is your quizes and assignments do.

Pretty easy.If you have a learning curb then on-line schooling may not be for you.

Dawn

I just started attending ashford university.This school does have contact numbers to get ahold of somebody.

I have an advisor councelor and a finacial councelor etc. I have evan spoken to my professor in a personal emai so doubt that it runed by computers. however, I do not know if it is not accreditted school.

I assumed it was becuase the goverment will not lend money to a nonaccreditted school.I will check to be sure just in case.

Disappointed student

I have been very displeased with Ashford's lack of support for online students.They do not offer tutoring, any additional videos or companion textbooks, or a call-in number for students who have questions and want to talk to a person.

If you express interest in the University, they will call and do everything possible to get you on their rolls for the funds but, could not care less about you once you are enrolled.Stear clear of this University.

r46kingdom2
to Disappointed student Lynchburg, Virginia, United States #649766

I dont understand why people are posting comments about Ashford University, especially when they are posting statements that are not true.I have been with Ashford University going on two years now and I have all the call in numbers, e-mails, and other information I need to be able to keep intouch with the people I need to talk to if I have a problem.

And my enrollment advisor personally calls me to see how things are going with my classes, or text me.So I dont know what school you were dealing with but I just dont believe the statements you made have any truth Wow !!!!!

:) Really Funny

Andrew Kida

I am finishing my Masters in Public Administration through Ashford.A couple of the classes have been extremely difficult, and if I didn't already have a background in government, the classes would be extremely difficult.

Those who have said it is reliant on personal motivation are correct. If you cannot write well, you will not do well. If you cannot spell well, you will not do well. If you cannot follow directions well, you will not do well.

If you want to blame other people in the world for all of your problems, you will not do well. I do believe the classes are easy enough to pass, but it is extremely difficult to earn good grades. 27 credit hours through my program and my GPA is 3.9.

Based on the negative comments here and how they are worded, it is easy to see how some people have negative opinions about the school.If you can't string together a grammatically correct sentence on this message board, then you are most likely not intelligent enough to be in college in the first place.