I have worked with Brad Dykema at Artistic Concrete Expressions for two projects now.The first turned out much better than the second, a two sink concrete countertop for our master bath.

When I ordered the counter top with Brad we discussed color to match the sample I borrowed and how I would like to see actual rocks in the counter top. When the counter was installed, there was not one visible rock although he claims to have dumped an extra bag in the mix. No rocks are visible on the surface or under the sink with the thought that perhaps they all sunk to the bottom. There is however an over abundance of broken glass, some mirror and shell (which to me looks tacky).

The variance of scattered particles through out the back splash and counter top is great. One area has a tight pattern of glass particles another looks like beach sand with a couple flecks. There are also lots of areas that had a void in the mold and were filled with a much darker putty. The putty color should've been matched closer to the concrete color because it has a very poor finished appearance in the corners of the bottom of the sinks and along the upper rim of the counter where there is a sunken area between the two sinks.

The builder and I both contacted Brad about the lack of visible rocks, which is specifically why I ordered this sort of counter top, and the dark putty lines that ruin the visible look of the piece.Artistic Concrete Expressions will not return calls to either of us and has no intention to fix or resolve the piece installed.

Review about: Concrete Counter Top.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $2000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Artistic Concrete Expressions?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.