Toledo, Ohio

My recliner was delivered at the end of March.In June I was sitting in my chair and this bug run across me and of course my reaction was to brush it off of me.

At the time I thought it looked like a carpet beetle. And then I started getting these little bites on my arms and didn't know where they were coming from. I then find another one on my chair and I caught it and put it in a water bottle. I was worried by the look of it it may be a tick.

and of course being a pet owner that worried me and I took it to my vet to see if it was and she said that looks like a bed bug. Sure enough it was. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I know my chair was sitting in a warehouse by Detroit for at least a week before it made it to the store.

And I got to thinking if they are using the same trucks to take away old matresses what's to say they didn't have bedbugs.I want to throw the chair to the curb but it was over 300.00!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Art Van Furniture Recliner
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Art Van Furniture?

Submit review

Comments

Flushing, Michigan, United States #1291416

Your pet carries more kinds of bugs and bacteria than you realize. Please be more properly educated before making a bad review.

Bonita Springs, Florida, United States #1255626

I am an ex employee of Art Van and I can attest the fact that that has happened before. You are absolutely right, they put new furniture on the same truck that is used to remove old nasty bedding. There is nothing you can do, however, because you cannot prove that the bugs came from the chair but its highly likely.