Armstrong Flooring - Poor Quality Bruce Brand Wood Floors by Armstrong
Bruce pre-finished wood flooring by Armstrong was installed in our newly built home in April of 2009.This was the Waltham 3-1/4" oak strip flooring in the color Whiskey.
The product was cupped in several areas from the first day it was installed. After complaining to both Armstrong and the local installer we received no satisfaction. Armstrong sent an inspector out to measure the moisture level of the floor and recommended that a vapor barrier be installed under the house. The funny thing was, there was already one installed, which he crawled under the house and commented on during his visit.
The finish is now wearing poorly. In addition to many spots, the finish on the edge of the boards, which has a slight bevel, looks to be worn off. Recently a large splinter has come up on the edge of a board. Luckily none of my kids were hurt when this happened.
Now I have to figure out how to repair this defect.
My floors in my last house were almost 70 years old and looked better than the less than 5 years old Bruce floor from Armstrong.Do not buy this product, Armstrong does not stand behind their products!
I tried to post this review on the Armstrong website several times and it would not let me.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hardwood Flooring
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "a few bad eggs can not take away years of making brides dreams coe true with flowers........ You Made it all seem so easy! Thank you so much. My daughter loved..."
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "I just needed 2 tires on the front of my car. I walked around the mall as they worked on my vehicle. I got a call saying they wanted to..."
- "I bought two salads from my neighborhood Walmart .. I didn't enjoy either and ended up tossing half of my money away because the salad was uneatable containing BROWN/OLD lettuce...."
- "After first fiasco, called and got 2nd attempt...still fedex from mi to calif..this time even sat in calif fedex office 24hours waiting for the next day to deliver , what?..."