Armstrong Flooring - Poor Quality Bruce Brand Wood Floors by Armstrong
Bruce pre-finished wood flooring by Armstrong was installed in our newly built home in April of 2009.This was the Waltham 3-1/4" oak strip flooring in the color Whiskey.
The product was cupped in several areas from the first day it was installed. After complaining to both Armstrong and the local installer we received no satisfaction. Armstrong sent an inspector out to measure the moisture level of the floor and recommended that a vapor barrier be installed under the house. The funny thing was, there was already one installed, which he crawled under the house and commented on during his visit.
The finish is now wearing poorly. In addition to many spots, the finish on the edge of the boards, which has a slight bevel, looks to be worn off. Recently a large splinter has come up on the edge of a board. Luckily none of my kids were hurt when this happened.
Now I have to figure out how to repair this defect.
My floors in my last house were almost 70 years old and looked better than the less than 5 years old Bruce floor from Armstrong.Do not buy this product, Armstrong does not stand behind their products!
I tried to post this review on the Armstrong website several times and it would not let me.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hardwood Flooring
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."
- "We live in a mobile home so finding someone to install or repair anything is a nightmare. We were pressured into the buy. We were told it would not only..."
- "Three weeks ago, I had a LeafFilter rep come by and tell me about the system. He had this great portfolio that with detail told me how they were above..."
- "Complaint Description:I entered into an agreement via email with EASTERN LETTERING They did not do what they said they would do Asked Eastern Lettering to provide a nameplate switch and..."
- "When my 75 year old grandmother, Alexandra, bought tickets to travel by Amtrak from Washington to Montreal she never thought that this trip would became a nightmare and would cost..."
- "I purchased an annual Stock membership, with the first month free. The Adobe website states I can cancel risk free within the first month. So I did. But instead of..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."
- "As I stated in my previous review about being charged 3 times vs once, this was such a horrible time for it to happen. The funds were out my account..."