Armstrong Flooring - Poor Quality Bruce Brand Wood Floors by Armstrong
Bruce pre-finished wood flooring by Armstrong was installed in our newly built home in April of 2009.This was the Waltham 3-1/4" oak strip flooring in the color Whiskey.
The product was cupped in several areas from the first day it was installed. After complaining to both Armstrong and the local installer we received no satisfaction. Armstrong sent an inspector out to measure the moisture level of the floor and recommended that a vapor barrier be installed under the house. The funny thing was, there was already one installed, which he crawled under the house and commented on during his visit.
The finish is now wearing poorly. In addition to many spots, the finish on the edge of the boards, which has a slight bevel, looks to be worn off. Recently a large splinter has come up on the edge of a board. Luckily none of my kids were hurt when this happened.
Now I have to figure out how to repair this defect.
My floors in my last house were almost 70 years old and looked better than the less than 5 years old Bruce floor from Armstrong.Do not buy this product, Armstrong does not stand behind their products!
I tried to post this review on the Armstrong website several times and it would not let me.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hardwood Flooring
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "They say that a picture tells a thousand words.... Just take a look at this. Empires professional floor installation. Instead of building up the floor after tile was removed they chose..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY, COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU AS A CUSTOMER AND POST FAKE TICKETS THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE AVAILABLE TO..."
- "Buyer beware! Here's what I received for my client after spending over 300.00. If your looking for clip ins that give you fullness AND length, these extensions will not provide..."
- "I bought two salads from my neighborhood Walmart .. I didn't enjoy either and ended up tossing half of my money away because the salad was uneatable containing BROWN/OLD lettuce...."