All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to.The cameras will end up showing a false read, stating the batteries need to be replaced (and won't even show a picture at this point) when in fact they are at a 3/4 full charged when removed.
I found this out the hard way, considering just a pair of these 3v lithium ion batteries cost anywhere from $9.84 at Walmart to $12.95 at Home Depot. The cameras take four of them ! I spent the money twice on a 3 camera system from Best Buy at four batteries each so even at $10.00 a pair, I spent $60.00 twice. The milliamps need be 1000ma and not at 650ma.
I even went to the highest in the company who put me in touch with the technical design department who actually admitted this being a problem. I also found out myself when I went to buy a battery tester that showed the batteries were still anywhere from 3/4 full to 90% full when I pulled them out of the camera showing they needed to be replaced. The cameras themselves actually work fine but don't plan on replacing the batteries every 4-6 months with normal use as it's more like every two months if you're lucky. These cameras should have come with a solar charger attached for outdoor use.
The biggest mistake or oversight Netgear-Arlo made was not creating a 3v 1000ma rechargeable LITHIUM ION battery with a Charging Station ! I'm in college for business and marketing and I could have told them to make this for the consumers just using my common sense. I would FIRE EVERYONE IN THEIR MARKETING DEPARTMENT FOR NOT REQUESTING THE DESIGN TEAM MAKE A PROPRIETARY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY WITH A CHARGING STATION THAT COULD HAVE EASILY MADE MILLIONS OF MORE DOLLARS FOR THE COMPANY. At least it would make the pain of replacing the batteries less painful by enabling the consumer to recharge them in the comfort of their own home.
Two thumbs down on this one.
Sorry but the truth is the truth.The battery tester needed to test your batteries is a simple one and in the picture I have enclosed here.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Batteries drain quickly
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Arlo Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "Cameren has a Yucaipa alarm company called Select Source. Select Source is an authorized ADT dealer. Cameren's installs lack workmanship. Cameren lacks technical abilities, integrity and every aspect necessary..."
- "Buyer BEWARE, I purchased my system at Costco, within a month one camera wasn't working( it would go dark) and another would be blurry. I contacted Lorex thinking it would..."
- "This *** claims to be able to record gameplay. That parts true, doesn't mention the fact that what it records is choppy gameplay(it drops frames a whole lot making it..."
- "Ordered goods and tracked my package through the UPS website. The package was transported by ground very quickly (OH to NH in a day), but then just stopped. My package..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "Zara Egypt On the 27th of November 2016 i bought a T-shirt from zara for 299 egp, went back on the 30th of November 2016 to exchange the size found..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."