All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to.The cameras will end up showing a false read, stating the batteries need to be replaced (and won't even show a picture at this point) when in fact they are at a 3/4 full charged when removed.
I found this out the hard way, considering just a pair of these 3v lithium ion batteries cost anywhere from $9.84 at Walmart to $12.95 at Home Depot. The cameras take four of them ! I spent the money twice on a 3 camera system from Best Buy at four batteries each so even at $10.00 a pair, I spent $60.00 twice. The milliamps need be 1000ma and not at 650ma.
I even went to the highest in the company who put me in touch with the technical design department who actually admitted this being a problem. I also found out myself when I went to buy a battery tester that showed the batteries were still anywhere from 3/4 full to 90% full when I pulled them out of the camera showing they needed to be replaced. The cameras themselves actually work fine but don't plan on replacing the batteries every 4-6 months with normal use as it's more like every two months if you're lucky. These cameras should have come with a solar charger attached for outdoor use.
The biggest mistake or oversight Netgear-Arlo made was not creating a 3v 1000ma rechargeable LITHIUM ION battery with a Charging Station ! I'm in college for business and marketing and I could have told them to make this for the consumers just using my common sense. I would FIRE EVERYONE IN THEIR MARKETING DEPARTMENT FOR NOT REQUESTING THE DESIGN TEAM MAKE A PROPRIETARY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY WITH A CHARGING STATION THAT COULD HAVE EASILY MADE MILLIONS OF MORE DOLLARS FOR THE COMPANY. At least it would make the pain of replacing the batteries less painful by enabling the consumer to recharge them in the comfort of their own home.
Two thumbs down on this one.
Sorry but the truth is the truth.The battery tester needed to test your batteries is a simple one and in the picture I have enclosed here.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Batteries drain quickly
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Arlo Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Service guy came to repair trash compactor and he found one less than 3 inch bone and he has make an issue that because of the compactor got burnt out...."
- "ADT FAILED US and many others!! ADT FAILED to dispatch fire rescue when our smoke detectors were going off. After our house was totalled, and 2 LOVING pets perished, the..."
- "I had ADT security system, one day two sales person came to my house and convinced me to switch to vivint and PROMISE me that he will pay off the..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "Ordered goods and tracked my package through the UPS website. The package was transported by ground very quickly (OH to NH in a day), but then just stopped. My package..."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."
- "I brought in my grandmother's wedding ring (it's over 90 years old, she passed away, so this is all I have left from her) on July 18 to the store..."