All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to.The cameras will end up showing a false read, stating the batteries need to be replaced (and won't even show a picture at this point) when in fact they are at a 3/4 full charged when removed.
I found this out the hard way, considering just a pair of these 3v lithium ion batteries cost anywhere from $9.84 at Walmart to $12.95 at Home Depot. The cameras take four of them ! I spent the money twice on a 3 camera system from Best Buy at four batteries each so even at $10.00 a pair, I spent $60.00 twice. The milliamps need be 1000ma and not at 650ma.
I even went to the highest in the company who put me in touch with the technical design department who actually admitted this being a problem. I also found out myself when I went to buy a battery tester that showed the batteries were still anywhere from 3/4 full to 90% full when I pulled them out of the camera showing they needed to be replaced. The cameras themselves actually work fine but don't plan on replacing the batteries every 4-6 months with normal use as it's more like every two months if you're lucky. These cameras should have come with a solar charger attached for outdoor use.
The biggest mistake or oversight Netgear-Arlo made was not creating a 3v 1000ma rechargeable LITHIUM ION battery with a Charging Station ! I'm in college for business and marketing and I could have told them to make this for the consumers just using my common sense. I would FIRE EVERYONE IN THEIR MARKETING DEPARTMENT FOR NOT REQUESTING THE DESIGN TEAM MAKE A PROPRIETARY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY WITH A CHARGING STATION THAT COULD HAVE EASILY MADE MILLIONS OF MORE DOLLARS FOR THE COMPANY. At least it would make the pain of replacing the batteries less painful by enabling the consumer to recharge them in the comfort of their own home.
Two thumbs down on this one.
Sorry but the truth is the truth.The battery tester needed to test your batteries is a simple one and in the picture I have enclosed here.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Batteries drain quickly
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Arlo Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Service guy came to repair trash compactor and he found one less than 3 inch bone and he has make an issue that because of the compactor got burnt out...."
- "I have had this system for some time and all of the sudden it stopped working. I talked to Technical support about 4 times and one person asked me to..."
- "This is exactly the same problem I am having but in addition when I tried to cancel after a week they said I couldn't because of the speed that the..."
- "Crackers were all broken in all 4 packs..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "I brought in my grandmother's wedding ring (it's over 90 years old, she passed away, so this is all I have left from her) on July 18 to the store..."
- "I ordered a set of headphones. According to the description, there is ONE (1) LED light on the headphones, which is used to show when the headphones are on, charging,..."
- "I have been using DHL for over 5 years, I have to admit that their non US service is great, once packages leave the US they get delivered on time...."