All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to.The cameras will end up showing a false read, stating the batteries need to be replaced (and won't even show a picture at this point) when in fact they are at a 3/4 full charged when removed.
I found this out the hard way, considering just a pair of these 3v lithium ion batteries cost anywhere from $9.84 at Walmart to $12.95 at Home Depot. The cameras take four of them ! I spent the money twice on a 3 camera system from Best Buy at four batteries each so even at $10.00 a pair, I spent $60.00 twice. The milliamps need be 1000ma and not at 650ma.
I even went to the highest in the company who put me in touch with the technical design department who actually admitted this being a problem. I also found out myself when I went to buy a battery tester that showed the batteries were still anywhere from 3/4 full to 90% full when I pulled them out of the camera showing they needed to be replaced. The cameras themselves actually work fine but don't plan on replacing the batteries every 4-6 months with normal use as it's more like every two months if you're lucky. These cameras should have come with a solar charger attached for outdoor use.
The biggest mistake or oversight Netgear-Arlo made was not creating a 3v 1000ma rechargeable LITHIUM ION battery with a Charging Station ! I'm in college for business and marketing and I could have told them to make this for the consumers just using my common sense. I would FIRE EVERYONE IN THEIR MARKETING DEPARTMENT FOR NOT REQUESTING THE DESIGN TEAM MAKE A PROPRIETARY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY WITH A CHARGING STATION THAT COULD HAVE EASILY MADE MILLIONS OF MORE DOLLARS FOR THE COMPANY. At least it would make the pain of replacing the batteries less painful by enabling the consumer to recharge them in the comfort of their own home.
Two thumbs down on this one.
Sorry but the truth is the truth.The battery tester needed to test your batteries is a simple one and in the picture I have enclosed here.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Batteries drain quickly
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Arlo Security System
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "December 2015, we purchased 8 new hardwire/combo detectors from big box store to replaced in apartment building units. Within 6 months, the new detectors started chirping. We replaced..."
- "This *** claims to be able to record gameplay. That parts true, doesn't mention the fact that what it records is choppy gameplay(it drops frames a whole lot making it..."
- "Bought a 16 Camera Security System on June of 2015 new from a local retailer. The DVR failed 7 months later. Sent the unit back for warranty repair and it..."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."
- "I recently took my mother into this store to look at a new TV for her new home. She is elderly and needed some assistance in getting in.. The first..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."