Arbonne International - Do NOT sign up for arbonne

312 of 363 Arbonne International reviews

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 502 Yes 502
312 of 363 Arbonne International reviews
Chelsea

Jan 26 #1276523 San Antonio, Texas, United States

hi I am currently an Arbonne Consultant. I too was approached, but seems like my experience has been much more pleasant. I spent a max off $300 "starting my business". I was not forced to buy anything I did not feel comfortable buying, and myy Upline was totally OK with it.
I am so sorry the women who approached you was not pleasant and so wrong.
In my case what I did was get a second opinion from someone above the gal I signed up under and a totally different Arbonne Consultant with another group. I wanted to be sure I wasn't getting misleading information.

0 0 Reply

Jan 04 #1265680

Thank you so much for this honest comment. You've saved me from what my gut instinct was telling me wasn't right.
I got suckered in the same way as you.
Met a woman in a cafe who gave me the spiel and the products to try. And blinded me into signing up and paying money to set up my business.
So glad I read this. Would rather say goodbye to the £59 than to pay anymore.

2 2 Reply
Chelsea

Jan 26 #1276518 San Antonio, Texas, United States

I am so sorry the women who approached you was not pleasant and so wrong.

1 0 Reply

Dec 25, 2016 #1260709

THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOEVER YOU ARE FOR POSTING THIS COMMENT...LIKE YOU I WAS APPROACHED TO SELL ARBONNE AND YOU SAVED ME FROM MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE SO I AM SO GRATEFULL YOU TOOK THE TIME TO DO THIS, YOU ARE HELPING PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF SO PLEASE FEEL GOOD ABOUT THAT!! YOUR MESSAGE WAS POWERFUL AND INSITEFULL NOT JUST AN ANGRY WOMAN...I FELT YOU!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

2 2 Reply

Dec 09, 2016 #1252571 Chesapeake, Virginia, United States

Each consultant is their own business owner. They each have a choice about how they run their business. The suggested method isn't my favorite but my friend offers food at every event, she is part of a network of licensed cosmetologists that focus on the products more than the business opportunities and they allow their success to speak for themselves so that others will inquire about the business opportunity. You have made a judgement of the entire brand because you didn't prefer the independent business owners you have come in contact with. Each business owner can choose the style of selling that they desire.

8 4 Reply

Dec 01, 2016 #1248691

You obviously had a bad experience. Ive been a Consultant for 7 months.
With any business you have to invest in product. Most family members are happy to have a workshop to introduce your business and recommend a fantastic, ethical product.
Perhaps you should have done some research on Network Marketing prior to signing.Im making money, introducing my brand. Sharing awesome results. Working hard for my own benefit. All stock I buy is 35% off.AND I can claimit as a tax deduction.

4 3 Reply

Dec 15, 2016 #1256063 Aylmer, Ontario, Canada

35% discount on product that is inflated more than 50%.. that's intelligent .. it's people like you that are naive enough not to realize you're being scammed..

5 3 Reply

Nov 22, 2016 #1244546

Did you invest in legitimate business aids and write them off on your taxes for start up? Also, did you track all of your other deductions for taxes? (Party expenses, Milage, fuel, & other business expenses?) Hiw ling did you actively do the business? How many clients did you meet with mo they and how many parties did you do? Thanks for the info!!!

1 2 Reply

Dec 09, 2016 #1252524

The problem I have with the company is that the consultants are seen as customers sell the product onto their rather unwilling friends and family.
The consultants have to spend A LOT of money on buying beauty products individually, instead of buying these products in bulk (like any retailer would.)
It makes no sense to be the second middleman for an already overpriced product.

2 0 Reply

Nov 19, 2016 #1243135 Amsterdam, New York, United States

It is all a scam. Pushy - annoying sellers who don't stand behind their products. I bought eye cream -$65 - it swelled my eyes shut and the seller didn't even offer a refund!

4 5 Reply

Jan 16 #1271500 Sanford, North Carolina, United States

That is untrue. Arbonne offers a 45 day guarantee on all of their products. All of you who had a problem with your products or investment could have gotten 100% of your money back. This is unnecessary and by your obvious lack of intelligence, manners or class it's obvious why you couldn't make it in this business. I'm fairly certain none of you have probably done well in ANY business with this attitude.

5 2 Reply
HelenaG

Nov 17, 2016 #1242085 Crewe, Cheshire, United Kingdom

Yes I agree and totally understand you, there are lots of people out there that are very pushy and inexperienced, something that I think we all have done that at some stage at the beginning of our journey with our businesses. There are good and bad consultants or representatives of the company but that does not mean that the product, company or business opportunity is bad.
I am standing up for Arbonne because I love the whole system, the products, as a person that has been involved with the company for four years and know how it works and what it is about, otherwise I would not even consider giving an opinion.
We are all independent consultants, we are all responsible for our own businesses, we all work for ourselves but not by our selves but that does not mean that neither or Arbonne is responsible for the people that I introduce into my team as we are all adults and grown up people.
I am sorry that you think in that way but how could you say such thing without even trying it out.
I have been doing Arbonne for the last four years and yes, I can not claim yet that I have achieved financial freedom but Arbonne is the the best tool that God has used to give me hope and a better way in life. I was a very successful business woman withing the catering and dancing industry but due to health (Cancer) issues a divorce that led me to bankruptcy, and other health diagnoses that followed from Cancer I lost everything and Arbonne has given me the opportunity to use amazing
... Show more

4 5 Reply

Oct 02, 2016 #1221534 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

What was the purpose of going into business for yourself? Did you think you were just going to sit around and NOT work? It sounds like you were working to get clients for a business you would have eventually receive commission on. I am pretty sure you have to "work" at a regular job but you have no choices to make more money for yourself by finding your own clients.
If you believe in a product, this is called WORK.
As far as the product...all botanicals pose reactions to skin! The manufacturers of those other products put massive amount of chemicals & fillers into their products so you think its doing what its supposed to! It sounds like you know nothing about botanicals. It sounds like you know nothing about network marketing. It sounds like you know nothing about working. So before you post something so *** sounding, do your research!

15 20 Reply

Sep 20, 2016 #1215379 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Ya.... you figured it out. The point of the company is to spread the company. Ya you can sell some skin care products along the way, but thas not where the money is. I don't sell arbonne by the way. I run a business, and you are very right dont trust anyone with you lively hood. When you lose money it's your fault not anyone else's. If you don't want to.hound people to push your product don't run your own buisness. You won't find a realator on earth not trying to weasel their way into your house sale. And any arbonne agent not trying to get you to buy their product and more importantly get you on board isn't looking out for their business and their first priority...themselves. Business is a ruthless world and arbonne will not escape the nature of it.

11 3 Reply

Sep 07, 2016 #1209415 Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I respectfully disagree. That is not how we do business in Arbonne. We have integrity, respect, passion, big hearts and never push or convince anyone to do our business or use our products. If what you say is in fact true, I'm sorry about your experience with Arbonne, and consider finding a different consultant and try again. All the best to you!

8 14 Reply

Aug 31, 2016 #1206535 Olympia, Washington, United States

I sold Arbonne, hounded my friends, the whole bit. One day, a good friend tricked me into bending over her lap on the couch and gave me a SPANKING! Yes. You heard that right. A good old fashioned Spanking. She said it was from all of my friends and that I needed it. I agreed later, not then. What these pushy consultants need is a wooden paddle on their butt for a few minutes and then they return to being human again. Seriously. They all need a Spankin'! Get them out of that cult.

8 3 Reply

Oct 09, 2016 #1224532

A cult? I own a business and also sell Arbonne. Every business is about selling. Every.Single.One.
If you were having to be "pushy" maybe it was because you didn't really believe in the products. When you truly believe in a product you don't have to push it.

12 9 Reply

Aug 30, 2016 #1205650 Cobourg, Ontario, Canada

I could not agree more! I just had pretty much the same experience. Such a scam of a company

8 1 Reply

Aug 26, 2016 #1204256 Perth, Western Australia, Australia

It sounds like you had a really bad experience with all this. It is a shame that some very pushy people ruined it for you and others. For the record, this is not the experience I have had, I was not even pushed into getting the big start up kit and have just bought the products I'd like to use, oh and we got champers at the DA session. Nobody hounded me or pestered me. I am glad you have put this post out there as nobody should ever pressure you into something you don't want to do and people do need to be aware of those out there who wish to exploit you. If anyone is interested in Arbonne or any networking 'sales' thing, please find a person you feel comfortable with to you be your 'up line' or group leader etc. Pushy, horrid salespeople have to back it up and realise they are trashing reputations of everyone who believes in a product and wants to work from home. Again, I'm sorry this person has landed you in hot water and hope you are ok now. All the best

13 5 Reply

1-20 of 833 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.