Cane Corso bought from Appalachian Cane Corso had bone cancer
In Oct 2009 I bought my Cane Corso named Cosmo from this breeder in Marysville PA.He died on Nov 12 2015 of bone cancer.
He was only 6 yrs old. He was a beautiful black brindle. He was my companion and protector. On Oct 9th of this year I took Cosmo to the vet because could not walk on his right hind leg.
Vet x-rays showed he had bone cancer which spread to his ribs. No sign of problems until that visit. This cancer had to be in his system years before. I've contacted breeder and they said "we'll pray for him".
I notified them when he passed and I was so upset that I told don't bother to reply. I also emailed Cane Corso organization that he was registered with to get some answers weeks ago and have gotten no reply. I thought I had bought Cosmo from a reputable breeder but this disease had to run in the family because his vet said it was hereditary. They should not be breeding dogs from his parents.
I can't believe that he was the only pup to have this health problem. He also had several eye surgeries because of cherry eye.
Cosmo was a couch potato and he loved to watch tv with me.He weighed 126 lbs and now he sits on a table in my home in a box filled with his ashes.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Answers to Cosmo's family health history
- Product or service
- Cane Corso Dog
- Review category
- Animal Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I dropped my 8-yr-old 6-lb Maltese to get groomed. I am new to the area and this was our first time using the PetSmart groomers. I had a..."
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "Be aware!!!!. I took my dog this morning to the pet smart in Orlando, Fl 8219 S John Young Pkwy. When i picked him up the lady told me that..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."