Medellin, Antioquia

This "company" Apartamentos Amoblados Julian based in Medellin, Colombia, is a complete scam.

They are unlicensed and in violation of local tourism laws. If they are caught while you are in one of their apartments for less than a month, you may be evicted and will lose your money and belongings. You cannot reserve without a deposit, sight unseen, and cannot SEE the apartment personally with keys in hand until you have paid them 100% of the reservation. When you see it and no longer want the apartment because it was grossly misrepresented, they will tell you you're out of luck and the money is not refundable. If you get them to agree to a refund, they will keep (steal) the money after you have left and returned the keys, pawning off the "fault" on the apartment owner. They have been reported for theft, fraud and unlawful and unethical business practices to the local prosecutor, local police, city business licensing division and tourism secretary.

All their apartments are owned by other persons, and this company is only an intermediary who balloon the price for their own profit. It is not legal to rent one of these apartments for less than 30 days. All the apartments are grossly overused by locals who do not take care of them, and do not comply with typical expectations of a foreigner - very run down, damaged and missing basic necessities. Keys are never changed and any previous tenant has the ability to copy a key and burglarize your belongings during your concurrent stay (this happens OFTEN down there). All pictures on the website are well over 6-7 years old.

The company is run by Julian Moncada and his girlfriend Clara Castrillon. It is also connected to family members by the name of Angel Moncada (father of Julian) and Mauricio Moncada (registrant of the websites and other info throughout the web). Julian and Clara are ridiculously immature and unprofessional, using foul language and hanging up on you like a child when they don't hear what they want. Julian will threaten you and act as if he is God when you continue to bug them for the promised refund. It is like dealing with two little bratty, dishonest kids.

ALL FOREIGNERS should stay away from this company no matter how good the price may look in comparison to other companies on the web. You get what you pay for! Other companies in Medellin maintain their apartments very well, have great amenities and allow you to see the actual apartment before paying - basically they cater to foreigners! We lost $800 to them, but are happy knowing that they will lose more than this by some foreigners who are diverted away from their service because of our report!

Review about: Apartment Rentals.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $800
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Apartamentos Amoblados?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion