Angies List - I'm a licensed contractor, Angie's list is a ***

119 of 477 Angies List reviews

hi,

We received a call from Angie's list asking us to become a preferred contractor, that they can help us increase business by at lease double, from 100k to 200k. After a full hour of listening to the sales rep, we decided to go ahead with the program. After signing up, he said to expect a few calls from the staff. Well the staff called and asked if we had any previous Angie List customers, we reply YES 2 CUSTOMERS. The agent claimed that it was required to have a minimum of 4 , and started to pounding me to call my other customers to become Angie List members, get 2 more reviews so i can qualify. I said I 'm not calling my customers to join Angies List.

The next week they creatively doubled my 2 reviews to 4 by claiming they were interior and exterior paint projects. Wa La!. Anyhow as time went by 4 months. only 1 job lead came our way, and when i said i was cancelling the program they threatened me with a lawsuit, and still to this day, demand there money. There'll lie through there teeth , totally unprofessional, most of the contractors associated with them are amateur's. .. Same as yelp, they know nothing about contractors, and the reviews are weak.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Misleading representation
    • Lied about leads
    • Denied responsibility for lack luster results

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Angies List Leads
Review category
Advertising
review #709898

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Angies List? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
119 of 477 Angies List reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.