1030 E Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA

Update by user Dec 29, 2018

I have contacted ANGIE'S LIST by PHONE, FAX, and E-MAIL II spoke to Carrie Rakestraw (317) 808-3657 in the collections department also KEN ST. JOHN (317) 677-0896 he is the CLIENT SUCCESS MANAGER.

I told them not to charge my credit card for any more fraudulent/bogus charges. They charged my MASTER CARD $325.00 to which i declined the charge, but it was already processed so i disputed this charge with my bank, i cancelled my credit card and they sent me a new card with a different number. When received my new card and activated it, i noticed that they charged my new card for $75.84 the same day that i activated it. So now i had to again contact the bank to dispute this charge also.

I then told them i will have to restrict any and all charges to my account and i can no longer use this card. Today 12/29/18. I received a call from my bank and was told they noticed some fraudulent charges on my checking/debt visa card. This is with a completely different bank.

ANGIE'S LIST was trying to charge my visa checking/debt card { #1=$500.00 #2 =$250.00 #3 =$597.21 & #4= $997.21 } All the same day and all was declined. This was after i told them not to take any more money from me. I called my bank and had to cancel my debt card. I don't know how they able to get my credit card information and how they can get away with this.

WARNING; What ever you do, do not give ANGIE'S LIST your credit card number. I have already contacted the OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY.

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2018

I have been paying for a fixed cost membership for advertising on ANGIE'S LIST since 2006 also HOME ADVISOR INC. since 2011 for lead purcheses.

A lot of money for their service unaware that and have not been notified of the fact's. That ANGIE'S LIST has been acquired by IAC/INTERACTIVECORP that also owns HOME ADVISOR formally SERVICE MAGIC same scam but they changed their name also in an effort to bilk the public. I have spent alot of wasted time,phone calls,money also a lot of potential customers. By paying these company's lot's and lot's of money under false pretenses.

This is a multi-million dollar scam, that a lot of consumers and small business's are victims of and are not aware they are being RIPPED OFF. They are currently being sued under several law suit's not limited to the SAN FRANCISCO DISTRICT ATTORNEY and class action LAW SUIT'S in several states as well. Their latest scam is they are double dipping their advertiser's.

When the consumer goes on ANGIE'S LIST look for a certified accredited business or company, they start getting call from HOME ADVISOR CUSTOMER'S AND billed on their credit card for lead fee's that range from $12.00 to over $100.00 depending on the service they are looking for. ANGIE'S LIST is charging for the lead's that businesses are paying for, that they are supposed to receive under their fixed cost membership and billed through HOME ADVISOR and don't even know it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Leads.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Old site where i could actually sort on quality.

I didn't like: Misleading info to make a sale lies.

• Angies List Contractor Rip Off