Dallas, Texas

BEWARE: ANGIESLIST IS A SITE WHERE CONNING CAN & DOES OCCUR. IT IS A BACKDOOR ROUTE FOR THOSE WHO AIM TO DESTROY A BUSINESS IMAGE DISCRETELY. DEFAMED COMPANIES ARE OFTEN NOT EVEN AWARE DEFAMATION AGAINST THEM HAS OCCURRED.

WE WERE DEFAMED BY A COMPETITOR WHO BASHED OUR COMPANY ON ANGIESLIST. THIS ILL-REPUTE BECAME AN ANGIESLIST MEMBER & PRETENDED TO BE A CONCERNED MEMBER WHO WROTE A TERRIBLE REVIEW ABOUT US. HE FALSELY CLAIMED WE SERVICED FOR HIM & DID A HORRIBLE JOB. THE DEFAMATION HAS BEEN ON RECORD OVER 2 YEARS. YESTERDAY WHEN WE FOUND THE LIE, WE CONTACTED ANGIESLIST. WHEN I TOLD THEM I FOUND THE COMPLAINANT'S ADDRESS TO BE THE SAME AS THAT OF OUR COMPETITOR, THEY SEEMED INDIFFERENT.

BE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT ANY COMPANY CAN BECOME AN ANGIESLIST MEMBER & WRITE RAVING REVIEWS ABOUT THEMSELVES, WHILE DEMOLISHING COMPETITORS. IT IS PROBABLY DONE FREQUENTLY.

I MUST NOW SUE THE COMPANY THAT DEFAMED US & ANGIESLIST IS NOWHERE TO HELP. A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST ANGIESLIST MIGHT ARISE FROM THEIR LACK OF PROPER VETTING OF FALSE & UNFAIR COMPLAINTS. TIL THEN, ANGIESLIST PROFITS FORM MEMBERS WHO BELIEVE THEY GET HONEST REVIEWS.

BE AWARE THAT COMPANIES CAN & DO PAY TO ADVERTISE ON ANGIESLIST, ALTHOUGH ANGIESLIST WILL TELL YOU OTHERWISE. ADVERTISING IS DISCRETE, SO CUSTOMERS WON'T NOTICE. ALSO, ALL THE FABULOUS PRESS RELEASES BY US NEWS, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, TODAY, ETC ABOUT ANGIESLIST IS A FORM OF HIDDEN ADVERTISING. ANGIESLIST PAYS TO HAVE THOSE NICE THINGS SAID.

Comments

Hi,I'm an investigative reporter - I am currently writing a piece on Angies-List. On a public forum, I do not want to go into further details, but if you could contact me that would be great.

I would be happy to pass over to you the information I have collected from other people who have been seriously mistreated.

Please email: ken101clarke@gmail.com. All the best

#519708

Angie's list fooled me once. I joined, next thing the local Vanderbilt college students who work part time hawking ads to legit businesses for a price call me.

They ask for the contractors I used in the past who I liked.

They called several, and; both call;ed me wanting to know why they should pay to advertise with Angie's list. This list is a scam.

I am with Frank on this one. I am a contractor and regularly receive the "Angies list threat".

After they have signed contracts and the work is complete they tell me if I do not lower the price they will submit nasty complaints online.

I had one customer demand his $500.00 bill be cut in half or as he put it "I will blast you online". More and more dishonest people are using Angies list, google, yahoo, yelp, and the like to cheat contractors out of money.

Sounds like a lot of *** to me. Let me guess, you didn't pay your contract either?

Are you claiming this happened and Angie's List did nothing? BS.

Most contractors are deadbeats and liars. You seem to fit that bill nicly.

Hi Frank--

My name is Maggie, and I'm a reporter looking into Angie's List complaints. I'd love to speak with you to hear a bit more about your story. Would you mind emailing me? I'm maggie [at] jeanchatzky [dot] com. (Minus the spaces; replace words with the real symbols.)

Thanks so much,