Purchased an expensive $300+ Anderson storm from Home Depot. The outside of the box has
"Easy, 'oops-proof' installation - Any lost parts or mis-cuts during installation may be replaced free of charge" in giant letters on the outside of the box.
When our contractor made a mistake with the installation requiring replacement parts, Anderson's call center in Manila, Philippines (800-933-3626 and 888-888-7020) said that only mis-cuts were covered, not installation mistakes like drilling into the wrong place on the door - something I would consider an "oops".
All they would do is sell me the parts for an additional $50. Shame on Anderson for false advertising.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "I bought top of the line Pergo Flooring with the Gold under layment and some sort of seal for below that. We were told it had a lifetime warranty and..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "I hired Howard Tanner Esq located at 30 Vesey St, New York, NY, Phone # (212) 962-1333 to defend me in court because I was arrested for shoplifting. I am..."
- "I ordered from Roswe seeing all the good reviews on their products. Come to find out they are all fake... i can't leave one review for their horrible products. First..."
- " I was sold a Jeep Wrangler 2016 that was in an accident by Ralph Rodriguez and Jason Martino. They stole my money and lied to me. Sold me a car..."