Purchased an expensive $300+ Anderson storm from Home Depot. The outside of the box has
"Easy, 'oops-proof' installation - Any lost parts or mis-cuts during installation may be replaced free of charge" in giant letters on the outside of the box.
When our contractor made a mistake with the installation requiring replacement parts, Anderson's call center in Manila, Philippines (800-933-3626 and 888-888-7020) said that only mis-cuts were covered, not installation mistakes like drilling into the wrong place on the door - something I would consider an "oops".
All they would do is sell me the parts for an additional $50. Shame on Anderson for false advertising.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "My Pulte home came with a "free" baseline electric Whirlpool kitchen appliance package, with multiple options to upgrade the appliance line as long as it was electric. Only one..."
- "When my dad said he was paying over 2k for two upper runs & a downspout I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted our house to..."
- "I was relaxing on my front covered porch when all of a sudden the top glass of my Larson screen away door completely shattered!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIT IT.!!!..."
- "CheapCaribbean has false advertising!! And don't try to contact a customer service representative they won't answer or are even concern!! They have hotels as 3 1/2 stars and fake..."
- "I'm a very longtime (near 10 years) user of ZeroWater, and have almost always been happy about the water quality, but unhappy about the pitcher design and customer service. Original..."
- "On May 4, 2012, I bid on and won a Canon Powershot SD4000IS (item # 290703644697 ) for $113 from eBay seller Spital911. I had been looking for one of..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."