Ancestry - Won't stop sending emails

49 of 101 Ancestry reviews

I am getting quite annoyed that Ancestry.ca keeps sending me emails when I have unsubscribed from ALL of them.Every time I get one now they will get a reply and will be contacted by me until it stops.

They have a link at the bottom of the email to click to remove yourself from receiving them. It's ***. It doesn't remove me AT ALL. And why can I not delete my information off their site?

I do not understand. This isnt right. This is infuriating. Not a good business model.

I will be telling every one I can reach on social media to NEVER go to this site. I didn't even subscribe to them. I clicked once out of curiosity.

Not cool Ancestry.You officially pissed me off.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Emails

Reason of review:
cannot unsubscribe or cancel
Preferred solution:
Let people fully cancel their information on the website. Stop ALL emails when asked to. Let people actually unsubscribe.
Product or service
Ancestry Free Trial
Review category
Professional Services
review #829984

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ancestry? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
49 of 101 Ancestry reviews

Jan 03 #1264885 Secaucus, New Jersey, United States

DITTO! I have even had to wait on hold for 45 minutes to get through to someone who assured me my membership would be cancelled and I still get emails because they trick you with sub opt outs/opt ins (for lack of a better descriptor). Some under the guise of research that you never opted in to and I would think that when you cancel your subscription that these opt ins would also be cancelled. Sick of these emails and sick of companies thinking they can abuse your information.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.