Amirite - New users need NOT apply!

2 of 6 Amirite reviews

A friend had invited me to check out the site and my stay was brief, as was his.

This is a very hostile environment from the first time logging in until I decided to leave. There seems to be a lot of fighting with the moderators with each other about new members. Some moderators seem welcoming, others not so.

I was appalled at what hostility is allowed from some of the other members in how new people are treated. They are not only accused of being other former members, they are being told to leave! None of these new members have said or done anything to warrant this sort of harassment.

I took a screenshot at what is being posted today and no administrator is removing it. See below;

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Psychotic members

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Warning to others to not engage
Review category
Media
review #917632 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Amirite? Submit review ›
Helpful? 15 Yes 15 2 No 2
Had the same issue 17 Yes 17
2 of 6 Amirite reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
FOOTLOOSE

Oct 24 #1231424

I joined and was deactivated FOR NO REASON!!!!!!! i don't know what i did wrong. i posted questions about halloween and spiders and found my account deactivated. lots of people gave answers to my questions. no reason was given at all!!!!!!!!! WHY DOES A SITE DEACTIVATE NEW PEOPLE??? it says i was only allowed one account. i never had any!!!! does anybody know who i can talk to????

Oct 30 #1233788 Avon Lake, Ohio, United States

You can't talk to anyone. Once you create an account, you are deactivated the minute that one of the five paranoid members reports you as a sock. Platinum, Starzabove, Gun, Tiffanee and the *** Markymark. If ANY of those five report you, you are finished. Amirite, however, will keep your posts and comments active to give the illusion of high membership It's a farce. There are only about 15 - 20 active members on Amirite.

Oct 17 #1228271

I just had a comment removed because of : "Cheek". I saw nothing in the rules about cheek. Another of Serenity's made up rules to protect her five friends. Gun, Tiff, Starz, Marky, and Platinum.

Oct 15 #1227258 Avon Lake, Ohio, United States

I joined Amirite and was immediately attacked by someone called Gun with rudeness and extreme profanity. Moderator Darkest Serenity said if I didn't like it, I should use the profanity filter or leave the site. I guess she didn't know that rudeness and abuse is against the rules, but she said "Oh that's just Gun". No, she knew, but lets her friends slide. Who needs Amirite and their ilk?

5 0 Reply

Oct 16 #1227711

Yep. They deactivated me.

4 0 Reply
FOOTLOOSE

Oct 24 #1231426

Me to!!!! it said i can't have more than one account but i never had any accounts.

Oct 30 #1233790 Avon Lake, Ohio, United States

That is their canned reason for deactivation when they have no other reason, which is usually the case.

3 0
Monty

Sep 23 #1217388

Know this site well. There are a lot of babies on there. The men are worse than the women, especially crybaby Gun, homophobic MarkyMark, and older than dirt, Platinum. These guys give new meaning to a nursery full of babies needing a bottle.
Don't bother with this site if you want grown up talk.

6 0 Reply

Oct 16 #1227651 Chisinau, Chisinau, Moldova

Markymark is a closet ***. Look at his name. Marky??? lol. His profile is full of shaved, buff males. His posts often have male memes. His favorite rock stars are male. No, Markymark is not homophobic. He is as *** as a 4 dollar bill, but is in denial.

Sep 20 #1215582

If the members of Amirite think your comments here will help new people want to join your site, think again.
You are proving the poster of this review right, and showing yourselves to be just as the poster describes.
You better hope that if anyone is interested in joining Amirite, don't see this, or there won't be many takers.

8 0 Reply

Sep 16 #1213573

To the one writing this review:
The main problem is that the owner of the site does not take control of it.
People are going to do what they do and will get away with whatever they can.
If there is little or no control, that is the owners fault, and not the members.

Sep 16 #1213527

I had never heard of this site but I just checked it out.I think I would have liked it when I was about 12 or 13.

10 0 Reply

Sep 16 #1213496 Jackson, Michigan, United States

I've been a member on this site for only a few months and have had no problems with anyone. Some knew me from another site and welcomed me to Amirite with open arms. Some did not know me, but made me feel welcomed. I would recommend this site to anyone, and have done just that.

2 6 Reply
Justsaying

Sep 16 #1213613

That is the key. They KNEW YOU from another site. It's the people that they don't know that get the hostile treatment.

7 0 Reply
Linda_Z

Sep 16 #1213767

Glad to hear. I think the reason you may have been accepted is that you were known before coming in. That seems to be the criteria for them accepting new people from my observation. Hope you can get out there and welcome the new people they don't know.

Karen

Sep 17 #1214031 Nashville, Tennessee, United States

That could be it. A lot knew me from another site before I joined. I really like Amirite and plan to stick around for a while. I've seen a few arguments, but never been involved in one. This has me being from Mississippi......I'm in Tennessee. :)

4 5 Reply
CVM

Sep 17 #1214201

You said the key words. "Some knew me from another site..."
You'll do fine there if you never get into a disagreement with about 5 or 6 people that never stop fighting with anyone they can.
The site is too small to avoid them, so your turn will come.

Sep 15 #1213157

I was on there for a little while and right away was accused of being a sock and was attacked by some of the members.
I left cuz that was not for me.

11 0 Reply
Gun

Sep 15 #1213074 Arizona, United States

I can understand your feelings, however, you must consider what has happened before you got there to create such an atmosphere.
There were a multitude of sock accounts being used to attack members. A technical glitch in the site was abused, again, to attack members. And I must admit, imagine that, users are people too. People get sick of being attacked all the time. Case in point, as the other responses to this review show, Platinum (a former moderator) was attacked about being a moderator before he ever even became one. Once he was made one, an all out barrage of attacks (all as equally public as the screen shot you posted) appeared, and most were left up as well.
Now, let's go directly into what you didn't like about the site.
"Moderators", every site has them. Amirite has 3 and the owner (who likes to pass himself off as "just a moderator"). One of those 3 is hardly ever there. He's a very nice guy, but as a college student really doesn't have the time to waste on such trivial *** as being playground monitor on a website. So, there are essentially 2 moderators. One of those, by my experience, only intervenes when someone makes a comment which could be said to show followers of Islam in a less than stellar light.
"Drama". Anonymous user, meet the internet. There is as much drama, if not more, on any other website on the internet.
"Psychotic members". Again, anonymous user, meet the internet. The anonymity provided by the internet allows the inner psychotic
... Show more

5 14 Reply

1-20 of 32 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Amirite.
Filing a new complaint about
×