Amirite - New users need NOT apply!

2 of 6 Amirite reviews

A friend had invited me to check out the site and my stay was brief, as was his.

This is a very hostile environment from the first time logging in until I decided to leave. There seems to be a lot of fighting with the moderators with each other about new members. Some moderators seem welcoming, others not so.

I was appalled at what hostility is allowed from some of the other members in how new people are treated. They are not only accused of being other former members, they are being told to leave! None of these new members have said or done anything to warrant this sort of harassment.

I took a screenshot at what is being posted today and no administrator is removing it. See below;

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Psychotic members

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Warning to others to not engage
Review category
Media
review #917632 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Amirite? Submit review ›
Helpful? 15 Yes 15 2 No 2
Had the same issue 17 Yes 17
2 of 6 Amirite reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 16, 2016 #1213527

I had never heard of this site but I just checked it out.I think I would have liked it when I was about 12 or 13.

10 0 Reply

Sep 16, 2016 #1213496 Jackson, Michigan, United States

I've been a member on this site for only a few months and have had no problems with anyone. Some knew me from another site and welcomed me to Amirite with open arms. Some did not know me, but made me feel welcomed. I would recommend this site to anyone, and have done just that.

2 6 Reply
Justsaying

Sep 16, 2016 #1213613

That is the key. They KNEW YOU from another site. It's the people that they don't know that get the hostile treatment.

7 0 Reply
Linda_Z

Sep 16, 2016 #1213767

Glad to hear. I think the reason you may have been accepted is that you were known before coming in. That seems to be the criteria for them accepting new people from my observation. Hope you can get out there and welcome the new people they don't know.

9 0 Reply
Karen

Sep 17, 2016 #1214031 Nashville, Tennessee, United States

That could be it. A lot knew me from another site before I joined. I really like Amirite and plan to stick around for a while. I've seen a few arguments, but never been involved in one. This has me being from Mississippi......I'm in Tennessee. :)

4 5 Reply

Sep 17, 2016 #1214201

You said the key words. "Some knew me from another site..."
You'll do fine there if you never get into a disagreement with about 5 or 6 people that never stop fighting with anyone they can.
The site is too small to avoid them, so your turn will come.

9 0 Reply

Sep 15, 2016 #1213157

I was on there for a little while and right away was accused of being a sock and was attacked by some of the members.
I left cuz that was not for me.

11 0 Reply
Gun

Sep 15, 2016 #1213074 Arizona, United States

I can understand your feelings, however, you must consider what has happened before you got there to create such an atmosphere.
There were a multitude of sock accounts being used to attack members. A technical glitch in the site was abused, again, to attack members. And I must admit, imagine that, users are people too. People get sick of being attacked all the time. Case in point, as the other responses to this review show, Platinum (a former moderator) was attacked about being a moderator before he ever even became one. Once he was made one, an all out barrage of attacks (all as equally public as the screen shot you posted) appeared, and most were left up as well.
Now, let's go directly into what you didn't like about the site.
"Moderators", every site has them. Amirite has 3 and the owner (who likes to pass himself off as "just a moderator"). One of those 3 is hardly ever there. He's a very nice guy, but as a college student really doesn't have the time to waste on such trivial *** as being playground monitor on a website. So, there are essentially 2 moderators. One of those, by my experience, only intervenes when someone makes a comment which could be said to show followers of Islam in a less than stellar light.
"Drama". Anonymous user, meet the internet. There is as much drama, if not more, on any other website on the internet.
"Psychotic members". Again, anonymous user, meet the internet. The anonymity provided by the internet allows the inner psychotic
... Show more

5 14 Reply
Monty

Sep 23, 2016 #1217395

Have you ever thought about taking up a new hobby Gun? You really need to chill out dude. It's a website. Nothing more.

5 0 Reply
Not going there

Sep 13, 2016 #1212459 Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Who is this creep dd_ixon? Why is that post allowed? I would never waste my time dealing with that site. They are all a bunch of lunatics.

18 2 Reply

Sep 13, 2016 #1212271

I don't go on as much as I used to because of how toxic the place is. Even getting rid of Platinum as a mod hasn't stopped him from dragging the whole place down. Until they get rid of that guy for good, nothing will change.

16 2 Reply
Not going there

Sep 13, 2016 #1212460 Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

He needs to take up bungee jumping without a harness.

15 2 Reply

Sep 15, 2016 #1213130

They never got rid of me, I left and you being a sock is what drags the site down, you don't have the guts to put your name or picture...you are a loudmouth coward who never stays on any site because no one wants you...

1 11 Reply
hehehehe

Sep 16, 2016 #1213582

James says you were REMOVED. lmao

5 1 Reply

Sep 16, 2016 #1213591

Welcome Platinum. I knew you come by. You haven't left the site. You got demoted and now you have to pretend you don't care.
Everyone knows your picture is really old, so using that as an argument of who is a sock and who isn't is down right ***.
Sorry old boy. Your hey day is long gone.

10 0 Reply

Sep 20, 2016 #1215409

God, if that pic is really Serenity please do us all a favor, and don't put it up again.

1 5 Reply

Sep 20, 2016 #1215686

Sounds like you are painfully jealous of her.
Obsessions with people you never met are not healthy.

7 2

Sep 21, 2016 #1216582

Nope it's not her. I ran it through 'reverse images' and she is a model. The one you are thinking of is a woman passed out at her computer with an empty booze bottle nearby, and dirty dishes in her sink.

2 4

Sep 22, 2016 #1217072

That's a lot of effort Dru. Don't you think?
Jealousy is not becoming on you.

3 2

1-20 of 32 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.