Suwanee, Georgia

ONCE AGAIN I have to call shenanigans on the American Red Cross.I was sitting in the chair about to give blood, with what i assume to be the head lady telling me i should drink more water (i had 3 bottles i was about to pee myself).

Related: American Red Cross - I was compromised

She finally sticks the needle in and it shot out of my vein. Blood everywhere. Down my arm, on the chair, floor, and on the book in my lap. The lady is yelling for help, im telling her it's fine, people make mistakes it's not that bad.

The people waiting are staring at this Asian woman in a lab coat yell for help. Finally like 4 other people come over and are holding my vein while she disposes of the spent needle. A girl gives me a sponge bath with those sanitation wipes. They ask if i want to try the other arm.

I've been in this chair for 45 minutes and I haven't given so i said yes. The Asian lady does the whole routine with finding the vein in my right arm. Then after 20 minutes of messing with a little machine she says that i can't donate because if you get blood on the needle, the machine counts it as a donation. I pack up.

She tells me that i have nice veins and that i should enjoy my snacks. I walk over to the snack area and a guy pulls a chair out for me. I tell them that the Red Cross messed up and i don't want to take any snacks for not donating. The guy tells me that i should take the snacks anyway, that the Red Cross messed up not me.

I begin ranting about what the lady did while stuffing snacks and drinks into my pocket. I have this whole table of kids laughing and i walk to the door and yell "I'm angry and i have to pee who wants to escort me to class" (escort is mandatory) so this guy escorts me and he is talking about how messed up what the Red Cross did was. Now I'm in class with a bloody book and snacks and i don't think ill ever give blood again.

The attached picture is the book my friend loaned me.It was a foot away from my arm.

Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with American Red Cross?

Comments

rollo2016

You need help with apparent mental problems.