Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Signed up for variable rate, which started around $0.06-$0.07/kw and almost immediately jumped to $0.11-$0.12/kw. Obviously, variable rates change and I went into it knowing this to be the case. I would not expect rates to double and stay at the high price though. Other providers are able to provide 2 year contracts around $0.07/kw so there is no demand justification for that much of a jump.

Related: American Power and Gas - Unethical Business Practice

In addition to price inflation, I was contacted by an American Power & Gas rep after the first month. It was a ruse to offer cleaner and more ecofriendly energy at an extra $0.03/kw. Despite indicating that I was not interested, the rep kept repeating his script about taking "advantage" of this offer. The wording was very deceptive and always ended with "you understand and accept this, correct?" For this kind of shady "offer" to be done quickly and over the phone is really unprofessional.

While no service issues were experienced, this isn't the type of company I resonate with and want to support. I was about halfway to the certificate/rebate that they offer and I'm not even interested in getting this. That should indicate what type of experience this was overall.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with American Power and Gas?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.