American Airlines - Inoperative Seat and Entertainment

60 of 481 American Airlines reviews

After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment system remote were not working.I contacted the stewardess and she explained that she was new to the flight and she did not know how to operate the seat.

I paid for a business class seat expecting to have a fully reclining/ lay flat seat as that is the major benefit of the business class. I needed the rest during the 15 hour flight to perform to the expectations of my Manager and client the following day on Monday and due to this defect, I was unable to. Although by the picture it was clear to American Airlines that the seat was inoperable, I was never notified of this problem or moved to another seat until I was in the flight and the American Airlines employees were unable to resolve the problem. I am a Executive Platinum status member but simply notifying me of the problems with my seat (the flight was delayed for two hours so there was plenty of time to find a solution) is expected of any passenger.

I am very disappointed with the service and treatment I received during this flight and I demanded the reimbursement of the difference (over $4,000) between a coach ticket and what I paid for the business class ticket as I did not receive a business class seat nor entertainment. After contacting American Airlines "Customer Relations", Robyn Langston couldn't do better than a $300 eVoucher and a promise to do better next time... I contacted him again to reconsider but he explained they couldn't agree on anything else.

It looks like I will find out why Emirates Airlines was voted number one airline in the world on my next business trip to Thailand in a few months.What is the point of being loyal to an company if they are indifferent to you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items
  • What I disliked
    • Loyal customer treatment
    • Lack of customer rights
    • Charging for services not provided

Reason of review:
Service purchased was not provided.
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
American Airlines Flight 0289
Review category
Transport
review #885216

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Airlines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
60 of 481 American Airlines reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.