Review about American Airlines Cargo Shipping Animals from Fort Worth, Texas
We show dogs and so we ship dogs very frequently, some as often as two weekends a month. We also ship dogs domestically for breeding, and internationally when sold. It is rare that I have been turned down at the Cargo office for a crate they deem "too small". I have a crate from Australia that is slightly smaller than a #300 that I have had for 10-12 years I believe. I use it extensively because it is taller than the standard domestic #200. Apparently the Louisville cargo office has a high rate of turning down dogs to ship, citing a crate is too small. This specific office has refused return shipping for dogs flown IN to their facility. Speaking to the manager (Sean/Ron whatever) makes no difference. His viewpoint is that ALL the OTHER cargo offices are in violation for allowing dogs to ship in the wrong size crates and he is just upholding the rules. My current show dog has been flown/shipped IN THAT EXACT same crate six times this year without question. Today, when trying to get her home (after flying her in there 10 days ago) she was refused.
American is the hub at DFW but I have choices. I will continue to choose Delta from now on. They have a better safety rate for animals and utilize come common sense.
It's not like I am trying to stuff a Clydesdale into a dog crate!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- American Airlines Cargo Shipping Animals
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "At the time of this writing China Eastern's website + customer service are hopelessly broken. Broken, as in impossible to use to perform even the most basic tasks, in almost..."
- "I'm highly recommening for anyone thinking to take any trip on Megabus especially out of New Orleans not too. You'll be standing out in the elements for hours . In..."
- "Good day turckish airlines! I have very very very very complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I flue from San Fransisko- to Istambul- Kiev and I lost 2 bags !!!!only in 1 week, means today I finilly..."
- "My mortgage was sold off to this joke of a company over a year ago. They took forever to get automatic payments set up (I had to mail my..."
- "Today I woke up to lights being cut off and a temperature in the 100s. With not even a call warning or reminder. I treval and can't always get in..."
- "I kept getting phone calls from a Dallas number but no message so I called back. First- an agent NEVER charges an upfront FEE! I've worked for Cadillac and..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."