Ambit Energy - User for 5+ years

15 of 172 Ambit Energy reviews

I've been an Ambit customer for 5+ years. They are still in their first ten years, and are operating in a bunch of states, so yes, they've had some growing pains. That being said, I've not had issues with them. After several years of being a customer, I got into some casual conversations friends and family and after 15, I now earn free energy each month. Plus, those friends are now saving money with Ambit. Usually 20-30%. A widow on fixed income who is a neighbor was paying .16/ kWh with one of the big guys. Now, as an Ambit customer, she is paying under $.10 /kWh.

For 2015, and my 4 BR home in N. TX, I paid just over $308 for a whole year of electricity. *We use natural gas for heat and water heater.

Are they perfect? Nope. Should you give them a phone number or two, in addition to email address or two? Yes! In my experience, if we missed a bill we were mailed a 2nd notice. I'd give them a couple ways to contact you, and actually read your emails from them. No matter who you use, if you go out of town, let them know, and arrange payments.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Free electricity
  • What I disliked
      No items

Reason of review:
Free electricity via referrals.
Product or service
Review category
Utility
review #852272

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ambit Energy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
15 of 172 Ambit Energy reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.