66 views
Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer
Updated by user Apr 03, 2023

Nothing has happened at all. BOTH sites remain silent, even as to ignoring my request of all data they have stored on me, per both Federal and Calif.

State law. Honest companies don't need to hide and simply ignore legal requests. Silence is golden, or at least it will turn $golden$ for me after I file complaints with both Federal and State agencies.

They won't be the first or last companies I've knocked down to size and made them wish they had simply complied with my requests. This 'gnat', as they obviously see their customers is really a fire-breathing dragon, a *fact* they will soon learn the hard way.Again, to all, something very fishy happened with them and you would be well-advised to steer very, very clear of both alternative-pods.com and alternativepods.com.

Original review posted by user Mar 04, 2023

This has been a total disaster for over a month ago. Have placed many orders with alternativepods.com, the last on 01/31/23.

On 02/07/23 I received an email stating their site had been hacked and referring me to alternative-pods.com as their replacement site. Boith sites now appear online, with identical logos, layouts, etc and both are located in the Bensonville, IL area. I wrote to the original site, alternativepods.com regarding my account and order and they told me I didn't have an account with them, despite the fact they had already filled my order before the *** date. So, I checked the new site, alternative-pods.com and found my account and complete order history there.

Something wasn't right, so I contacted alternative-pods.com and asked that my account be deleted and, in accordance with the Privacy Act, they send me a copy of all info they had associated with my account. I received no response. I wrote them again, no response. I wrote a third time, still no response.

At the same time I kept getting daily unsolicited email ads from them, all of which violated the CAN-SPAM Act by not providing any "unsubscribe" info or links. So, I wrote them again, this time a CEASE AND DESIST to comply with my earlier requests and to stop the unsolicited ads. Again, total silence. Something very fishy occurred.

Two identical sites with the original site saying they had no account for me, despite my having ordered from them for years and the new site, which had all my private info, yet refuses to comply with or even acknowledge any of my requests. There is obviously a total mess there, and I would advise anyone to steer completely clear of both sites.

User's recommendation: Do NOT trust either site.

Alternative Pods Cons: Very fishy, Some scam appears to be in play.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Joel Chandler B

What you may not understand is that investigation showed that BOTH were being operated out of Bensenville, IL. The original site changed its registration info on Feb 6, 2023 and the new site was created on Feb 7, 2023.

All user accounts went to the new site you are now using. The original site has responded to me that they have no record of my account. My login info does, however, work at the new site. The new site has refused to respond to any message I have sent them and refused to comply with my data request, per both Federal and State law.

Both sites, on those dates in Feb 2023 changed their main page and logo and both are exact matches of the other. While I am happy to hear your experiences with the new site have been positive, that doesn't change the fact that there is something fishy about the whole thing, nor does it change the fact that the new site, which DOES have my account, refuses to respond to me or comply with the law. There are red flags everywhere and have been ever since all of this took place in Feb. I had been a longtime,egular customer of theirs, so it makes no sense that they would just 'ghost' me when that all occurred.

At first, I believed the emails they sent out. When I asked them if they (as the new site) were actually open for business again, so that I could place another order. They ignored me. Two subsequent emails went ignored.

That's when I tracked down all the records of both sites and asked for a copy of the data they had stored on me. Again, their silence speaks volumes. If they were 'hijacked", as they state, it was by a relative, friend or neighbor. Again, red flags everywhere.

Something is fishy. And, now, by their refusal to respond to my data request, we'll see how far they get ignoring the governments as I file complaints re: their non-compliance with the law.

Guest

alternative-pods is the real site now, I understand you received product but I believe the original site was basically hacked and hijacked by a Chinese importer of vapes, but who knows what they do with your information etc. I have been ordering from alternative-pods site 3 times at least since and it comes right from the same address.

I haven't ordered from the original URL, something is off and they carry alot of products ap never carried overnight, which is suspicious. I witnessed the site being down for a few hours when it happened so they definitely were compromised.

Alternative Pods Reviews