Alpine Auto Recovery - Illegal towed & damaged vehicle, insurance fraud

3 of 3 Alpine Auto Recovery reviews

This company towed my truck without due process - it had already been moved from the

unmarked spot my husband had thought was open parking to a reserved visitor spot we have

used before for guests and family members visiting. My vehicle was legally parked when the

driver towed me less than 2 hours after I parked in the legal spot (which was less than 100 feet

from the office; it would have taken little effort to validate the tow, plus there are criteria in place

to follow).

We really feel this driver took advantage of the situation and was predatory in his

approach. The driver did not follow established procedures, yet despite repeated phone calls to

the tow company owner by the property manager, with the tow company owner's reassurance

that the fee would be returned, the office staff has repeatedly denied they are responsible and

will not refund the charge. But this is the least of their egregious behavior. The vehicle front end

was damaged during the tow to the tune of $2800.00. I was not informed my vehicle was

obviously damaged during the tow-l immediately brought the damage to the attention of Matt.

Matt would not answer my husbands questions as to why my husband had to point out the

damage, instead of the unskilled driver just assuming responsibility.

What if my husband had

been a old lady or other type of victim? Matt suggested I get three estimates and the driver may

pay the repairs out of pocket to avoid a hit to his insurance. When we brought the estimates in

we were told that they could not contact the driver for a week and they would have to

"investigate" claim. My husband was promised they would "investigate" the claim by a Sean

Perry the night they towed the vehicle.

lnstead, they called at eleven at night, blamed the

property manager, and denied my husband the ability to claim my vehicle that evening, resulting

in loss of use and delaying the discovery of the damage. As of a week later, this company had

informed me that the situation woul be resolved before 11:00 am on 514t13. When we showed

up at the office, Matt claimed he knew nothing, and would provide no requested insurance or

involved party information. He clainred he was just a payment taker, while Flelicity specifically

told us to pick up all the information at the appointed time listed above. We had to turn in a claim which

will affect my claims history adversely, even if the premiums dont rise. When I contacted the

police about the refusal to exchange insurance information, l was told it was a civil action and to

"file a form?" ?? I would appreciate a call, and will absolutely want to lodge a complaint; this is

one bad operator. Thank You.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3 of 3 Alpine Auto Recovery reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 16, 2014 #774243

I'm with you I live at Woodhaven an will break my lease because of the horrible business they run an company they associate with. My car was towed sometime last night with no warning.

Craig

Jan 16, 2014 #774261 Denver, Colorado, United States

Please call three oh 3. 4 ninety five 48 twenty eight if you need more places to file complaints. Thank you. Look at all the other Alpine complaints online. They are ***. No one calls them for roadside traditional towing. They thrive on collusive deals with places like Woodhaven.

craig wall

Jul 05, 2013 #675010 Denver, Colorado, United States

Here's the latest update: Complaint to AG CO forwarded to BBB for continued review. . .
Consumer's Original Complaint :
From: CO Attorney General (mailto:ColoConsumerComplaints@state.co.us)
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:03 AM
To: Better Business Bureau Info
Subject: Alpine Auto Recovery

State of Colorado
Department Of Law
Office of the Attorney General

RE: Alpine Auto Recovery

Dear Better Business Bureau,

The enclosed consumer complaint was filed with our office. While the matter remains in our active files and under consideration, we believe your agency may be able to further assist the complainant.

We appreciate your review of the material and any assistance you may provide. Please feel free to contact our office with additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

_______________________________________________________________

06/18/2013 lori BBB Case Received by BBB
06/25/2013 lori BBB Case Reviewed by BBB
06/25/2013 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
06/25/2013 Otto EMAIL NOTIFY BUSINESS OF DISPUTE : Complaint Response Date bumped because: Holiday
07/02/2013 BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER :
... Show more

0 0 Reply
Victim of alpine auto recover

Jun 23, 2013 #668395 Denver, Colorado, United States

There is a Internet trail of this crooked cops actions spanning years in Elbert and Arapahoe Counties. Though he tries to claim harassment for collections calls after illegally billing victims there are laws that will confound even a jailhouse lawyer like Don E Heald Jr. Even his wife is culpable, entering into other contracts with propertymanagers makes this crooked cops wife as guilty as he is. Both will suffer the consequences of victimizing old people.

RootOut The Truth

Jun 19, 2013 #666642 Denver, Colorado, United States

This former cop's reputation was so tarnished by his illegal arrest tactics that local District Attorneys could not use his testimony in court.

What kind of future with the force does a cop have that can't testify in court? A future walking over old people and committing multiple crimes, with no regard for any law but his own.

KarmaISabitch

Jun 04, 2013 #659995 Aurora, Colorado, United States

I live in the Woodhaven Apartments where this happened. This place cares little for its tenants. Along with Alpine Towing trolling for violators, we have to put up with F****E Brothers Pizza flyers stuffed in our door, even though it is posted at all the gates NO FLYERS.

I wonder how much money the property manager makes off fees and kickbacks from Alpine Auto Recovery LLC and F****E Brothers for guaranteeing exclusive rights to marketing to the captive audience at the Woodhaven Apartments and Townhomes in Denver.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Alpine Auto Recovery.
Filing a new complaint about
×