Alpine Auto Recovery - Illegal towed & damaged vehicle, insurance fraud
This company towed my truck without due process - it had already been moved from the
unmarked spot my husband had thought was open parking to a reserved visitor spot we have
used before for guests and family members visiting. My vehicle was legally parked when the
driver towed me less than 2 hours after I parked in the legal spot (which was less than 100 feet
from the office; it would have taken little effort to validate the tow, plus there are criteria in place
We really feel this driver took advantage of the situation and was predatory in his
approach. The driver did not follow established procedures, yet despite repeated phone calls to
the tow company owner by the property manager, with the tow company owner's reassurance
that the fee would be returned, the office staff has repeatedly denied they are responsible and
will not refund the charge. But this is the least of their egregious behavior. The vehicle front end
was damaged during the tow to the tune of $2800.00. I was not informed my vehicle was
obviously damaged during the tow-l immediately brought the damage to the attention of Matt.
Matt would not answer my husbands questions as to why my husband had to point out the
damage, instead of the unskilled driver just assuming responsibility.
What if my husband had
been a old lady or other type of victim? Matt suggested I get three estimates and the driver may
pay the repairs out of pocket to avoid a hit to his insurance. When we brought the estimates in
we were told that they could not contact the driver for a week and they would have to
"investigate" claim. My husband was promised they would "investigate" the claim by a Sean
Perry the night they towed the vehicle.
lnstead, they called at eleven at night, blamed the
property manager, and denied my husband the ability to claim my vehicle that evening, resulting
in loss of use and delaying the discovery of the damage. As of a week later, this company had
informed me that the situation woul be resolved before 11:00 am on 514t13. When we showed
up at the office, Matt claimed he knew nothing, and would provide no requested insurance or
involved party information. He clainred he was just a payment taker, while Flelicity specifically
told us to pick up all the information at the appointed time listed above. We had to turn in a claim which
will affect my claims history adversely, even if the premiums dont rise. When I contacted the
police about the refusal to exchange insurance information, l was told it was a civil action and to
"file a form?" ?? I would appreciate a call, and will absolutely want to lodge a complaint; this is
one bad operator. Thank You.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Auto Towing
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "After 6 weeks of waiting and 6k in repairs our 97K forest River RV was returned in horrible condition. No walk through to confirms repairs just pay the cashier and..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "New Brunswick- East Brunswick Aamco: Peter Fiorentino doubled the price quoted. The $129.00 unwritten diagnosis changed apropos of nothing as Peter used the Aamco script (google it) to express gloom..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."