Verified Reviewer

1.4

Original review updated by user Nov 27, 2021

A few years ago, I was placed on a checking account a the credit union where I bank, that They offered Allstate identity theft protection/dark web monitoring for a small amount every month. It was advertised as if I was covered by Allstate in the event if such a thing ever occur.

Not that I ever worried about identity theft, it was the farthest thing from my mind, but in this day you can never be too careful.

Either way, I could put my mind at ease knowing I was covered. I'm only problem was the advertisements for extremely misleading, and they were posted all over the bank. I would find that out a year ago when someone got a hold of all my passwords, Social Security number, email addresses, banking information, and a lot more.

They were quick to act when the money didn't go missing out of the account by reimbursing me within 24 hours. However, that was the extent of what they had promised to do.

As far as earnings go, I found it wad me telling them first when thing went wrong; I had to inform them that my emails had been stolen and that my stuff ended up on the dark web. It was a major cybersecurity, and they did nothing to warn me about it.

I am still losing accounts today and I find out From other sources? instead Allstate and in some of these cases I've missed the settlements that might've helped revive my Identity. Allstate failed to informed me about them.

In all cases I was the one that had to inform them on what was happening and it says that they did not care. I understand that it was a cheaper service that came with a Bank account, but it seems unfair they would take x amount of dollars from each account just to do nothing with.

When seriously no return of any sort do they offer any service. I felt like an insurance policy, they didn't give insurance when you're actually needing to use it. They do say that they were worn if someone tries to Open a credit card or take out a loan under my name, but so does the credit bureaus at this point Because I'm already in Identity theft territory.

When I try to question them about it they seem irritated at the question or at least talk about it as if it was more of my problem, but it hasn't been resolved yet rather than that they need to do anything at all.

At the same time they do promise up to like $100,000 of insurance money, but that has to be if someone literally takes that much from the account, which not very like today for most cyber crimes on individuals.

Most people don't have $100,000 in the bank account for some take anyway. But the fact that I was subject to cyberattacks all the time, lost so much computer equipment, cell phones, and had to take time off work to deal with all this search including my Social Security and other things that were stolen from me, cost me a lot of out-of-pocket money didn't seem to resonate in them.

User's recommendation: I didn't know if that is a broad term check and see what it is before you know what they cover.

Allstate Benefits Pros: Cheap.

Allstate Benefits Cons: Insincere, Fake insurance, No loyalty, Clueless about security, No idea what identity theft is.

Comments