Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Update by user Sep 19, 2021

I filed a complaint with the BBB and Allegiance Van Lines did not appropriately respond. As a result the BBB closed the file and posted my complaint aling with2 others. The complaints are similar to mine, poor service, broken promise, unwilling to refund any mony and also show the character of the owner.

Original review updated by user Aug 19, 2021

I hired Allegiance Van Lines to help move my things from California to Ohio. I explained that the majority of my things were in the garage and attic and that I had not lived at the pickup location for some time.

They first estimated my things to take up a 22 ft truck but then they called back after I had booked the service to bring out a 26ft truck so that I would be able to get all of my things. They gave me a binding estimate that would not exceed a certain amount. They promised in writing if my move was less than a 26ft truckload, I would only pay for the space that I used. They also promised in writing that they would have the same crew and truck at pickup and delivery.

At the time of my pickup date on 7/9/21, their DOT# 350**** appears to not have been active so they may not have been authorized to move my things. It also appears that they have operated under a different DOT# 358**** which is currently inactive On 7/9, 4 movers arrived 4 hours late at 4 pm in a 26ft U-Haul truck. The movers hastily moved my things and they were not careful in packing and protecting my furniture and they scratched the hardwood floors because they did not put any protection down while moving the heavy pieces. They did not bring enough packing material, blankets, and shrink wrap.

They filled the truck to look full so I had to leave behind items that I wanted to be moved. I was not given an inventory sheet and inspection of the condition of the furniture prior to loading or order service contract. I was promised a delivery date between 7/13-7/15 but the truck was late and arrived on 7/24. On 7/24, a different driver, a different 26 ft Enterprise truck, and 2 different movers arrived.

Allegiance Van Lines never alerted me about the repacking of my things and the change in the driver, truck, and crew prior to delivery. The 26ft Enterprise truck at delivery was only75% full and many items were damaged or broken beyond repair. I was not given a bill of lading nor and an inventory sheet to check off my items as the truck left quickly before we could finalize anything. Allegiance Van Lines demanded the last payment upfront before opening the truck and unloading.

I paid $11,220.81 for a full 26ft truckload but my things only occupied 75% of the truck. In my opinion, their service was deceptive and a bait and switch scam where they padded the original truck to look like it was full, and when my things were moved to a different truck of the same size the actual space my things occupied was less, so I overpaid them. I am also looking for help to get reimbursed for my damaged pieces. I was not offered a form to give my preference on insurance for my move.

They did not provide me with their process to submit a claim for my damaged pieces.

I have tried to reach out to them several times but have only received rude emails and texts. They are unwilling to help me or come to a resolution.

User's recommendation: I do not recommend Allegiance Van LInes.

Preferred solution: I would like to be reimbursed for 25% of the space unused on their delivery truck which is the same size as the truck at pick up. Plus to be compensated for the damaged and broken items for a total of $6305.00.

Comments