I am a disabled citizen of Pittsburgh, PA.I am dually enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid as I cannot afford copays, bills, etc.
I live on a Social Security Disability Insurance benefit of $940.00 per month. I use both health care networks in Pittsburgh. I never receive a bill from UPMC but I am constantly receiving bills from AHN. When I contacted AHN billing , they always have an excuse to justify the bill.
When I explained my insurance arrangement to them, they claim to have already processed the bills through both medicare and medicaid and these are the amounts left over. I began to send them $5.00 per month but continued to receive these erroneous bills from services that I did not recall receiving. After receiving yet another "Fantasy" bill, I contacted Gateway Health and they did indeed verify that I am not supposed to be billed. I contacted AHN about this issue and asked for my $10.00 back.
The next day on their patient information website MyChart they had justified the $10.00 by saying that the 2 $5.00 payments were used for a MyChart monthly fees. MyChart is a free service. They have yet to return the money ($10 is nothing to most people, but for a disabled person trying to survive on a small disability check, it is a lot of money.) Once they spoke to a Gateway representative all of the bills stopped. But they still reuse to refund the $10.00.
If this fraud is occurring over a $10.00 amount, they must be trying this scam with all AHN patients using scare tactics such as threatening to send bills to collection agencies, deliberately trying to ruin patients' credit.
AHN must be forced to comply.If not, they should lose their permission to operate in Western PA and allow the professional UPMC Health Network to become Pittsburgh's only Health Network.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Allegheny Health Network Billing Department
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT Dr. Tony Mangubat (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr. Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. E. A. “Tony” Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat), LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery..."
- "i can personally relate to patients complaining about poor dental service, and then the dentist resort to blaming the patient for their mistakes.my partials were so deformed that friends of..."
- "I'm attaching a letter from Kaiser Permanente Privacy Compliance Program Manager for NCAL Regional Compliance & Privacy Office stating they want a "Receipt" they think I have. Kaiser..."
- " On my way home from work I went to the bakery dept. and picked up a large round chocolate chip cookie and told the staff what I wanted written..."
- "What a joke. Bought this software because my girlfriend recommended it, turns out she was very wrong. First of all I got emails from them saying "act now for our..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."