I am a disabled citizen of Pittsburgh, PA.I am dually enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid as I cannot afford copays, bills, etc.
I live on a Social Security Disability Insurance benefit of $940.00 per month. I use both health care networks in Pittsburgh. I never receive a bill from UPMC but I am constantly receiving bills from AHN. When I contacted AHN billing , they always have an excuse to justify the bill.
When I explained my insurance arrangement to them, they claim to have already processed the bills through both medicare and medicaid and these are the amounts left over. I began to send them $5.00 per month but continued to receive these erroneous bills from services that I did not recall receiving. After receiving yet another "Fantasy" bill, I contacted Gateway Health and they did indeed verify that I am not supposed to be billed. I contacted AHN about this issue and asked for my $10.00 back.
The next day on their patient information website MyChart they had justified the $10.00 by saying that the 2 $5.00 payments were used for a MyChart monthly fees. MyChart is a free service. They have yet to return the money ($10 is nothing to most people, but for a disabled person trying to survive on a small disability check, it is a lot of money.) Once they spoke to a Gateway representative all of the bills stopped. But they still reuse to refund the $10.00.
If this fraud is occurring over a $10.00 amount, they must be trying this scam with all AHN patients using scare tactics such as threatening to send bills to collection agencies, deliberately trying to ruin patients' credit.
AHN must be forced to comply.If not, they should lose their permission to operate in Western PA and allow the professional UPMC Health Network to become Pittsburgh's only Health Network.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Allegheny Health Network Billing Department
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Woke up twice during wisdom (4) extraction. Never once did the oral surgeon stop/pause until I was out again. I was actually told to be quiet; apparently I was yelling...."
- "ALLSCRIPTS has attacked my reputation,has ruined my good name made strong criticism,malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming my character, reporting false statements to defame me, publishing false..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick is a DISGRACE!! Proof Below. This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only. For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, MBBS, http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 &..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "What a joke. Bought this software because my girlfriend recommended it, turns out she was very wrong. First of all I got emails from them saying "act now for our..."
- " On my way home from work I went to the bakery dept. and picked up a large round chocolate chip cookie and told the staff what I wanted written..."