I am a disabled citizen of Pittsburgh, PA.I am dually enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid as I cannot afford copays, bills, etc.
I live on a Social Security Disability Insurance benefit of $940.00 per month. I use both health care networks in Pittsburgh. I never receive a bill from UPMC but I am constantly receiving bills from AHN. When I contacted AHN billing , they always have an excuse to justify the bill.
When I explained my insurance arrangement to them, they claim to have already processed the bills through both medicare and medicaid and these are the amounts left over. I began to send them $5.00 per month but continued to receive these erroneous bills from services that I did not recall receiving. After receiving yet another "Fantasy" bill, I contacted Gateway Health and they did indeed verify that I am not supposed to be billed. I contacted AHN about this issue and asked for my $10.00 back.
The next day on their patient information website MyChart they had justified the $10.00 by saying that the 2 $5.00 payments were used for a MyChart monthly fees. MyChart is a free service. They have yet to return the money ($10 is nothing to most people, but for a disabled person trying to survive on a small disability check, it is a lot of money.) Once they spoke to a Gateway representative all of the bills stopped. But they still reuse to refund the $10.00.
If this fraud is occurring over a $10.00 amount, they must be trying this scam with all AHN patients using scare tactics such as threatening to send bills to collection agencies, deliberately trying to ruin patients' credit.
AHN must be forced to comply.If not, they should lose their permission to operate in Western PA and allow the professional UPMC Health Network to become Pittsburgh's only Health Network.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Allegheny Health Network Billing Department
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Kaiser gave my"ORIGINAL" receipt with all my medical personal information to someone else. I was given someone else's medical and personal information and his was a "REPRINT" as was mine...."
- "This individual is a scammer! His Dental Sleep Masters program is a complete rip off! He scam dentists into believing he has done thousands of oral appliance implants when in..."
- "I'm attaching a letter from the Privacy Compliance Program Manager NCAL Regional Compliance & Privacy Office of Kaiser Permanente. They have gone into my Kaiser online Secure Member email & removed..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "What a joke. Bought this software because my girlfriend recommended it, turns out she was very wrong. First of all I got emails from them saying "act now for our..."
- " On my way home from work I went to the bakery dept. and picked up a large round chocolate chip cookie and told the staff what I wanted written..."