All Pro Auto Body
There are always a few shady scam artists lurking around in every city and I happened to fall for it: I got scammed by "Larry, Moe, and Curly" posing as mobile auto body specialists.
Three scam artists approached me and said they could fix my door dent for $300, but you get what you pay for (or do you?). They tried to *** out this dent then covered up the botched job by smearing red glazing putty (pink stuff) in which they called "rubber compound" to hide the job. It will look like they just waxed it, and they claim that when it dries after a few days, it will be good as new after you wash or polish it off. In reality, all they did is take a simple repair and make it a very costly one. After removing the so-called "compound", I found they added new damages to my door panel. Additionally, they spray painted some scratches on my back bumper the WRONG COLOR!
Make sure that anyone you are dealing with is legitimate by calling the company and asking questions regarding services and location. Most legitimate businesses have lettered trucks, signs, e-mail, websites, business cards and referrals.
If a scam artist like this approaches you, please call your local police department. You can ask for the Consumer Fraud Division. Any obtainable information such as a description of the scam artists or their vehicle license plate number would greatly help. DON'T GIVE INTO THESE SCAM ARTISTS. They even asked me to throw in a tip! There are unsavory people out there looking to make a buck no matter what it takes, especially with the economy the way it is. Unfortunately the these "˜people' or PIRATES, as I've read, target the older folks and women…which was me. Be very LEERY of someone who approaches you either in a parking lot or by actually knocking on your front door to perform work. After extensive research I've learned they should have a current city business license, produce at least 3 reputable references, guarantee their work with a work order, accept other methods of payment besides cash, and be found by a reliable source. If not, get their license plate# and call the police!!!
Here are the 3 guys to be weary of (of course..they are all probably fake names). They travel the inland empire of California as well as Orange County as far as I know.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
All Pro Auto Body (Green business card, but may pose as others businesses as well)
Dents and bumper repair call cell 602-614-5784 ask for Steve or Vince
909-391-6391 (disconnected # on the business card)
909-275-9543 (belongs to "Anthony" who cussed me out & told me to *** off)
"Vince Petro" - brown hair/eyes, skinny, light skinned, goatee, claims he's Russian but looks Hispanic
Anthony - black hair/eyes, chubby/overweight, looks Mexican but claims to be Russian, no older than 25, poor English grammar when he speaks
Michael - black hair/eyes, very dark, looks Mexican but didn't claim to be Russian, he was the quiet one.
They drove around in a red 4-door Silverado.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Door Dent Repair
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Mi nombre es José el día 20de septiembre lleve mi troka Nissan frontier sólo para realizarle una alineación y cambio de breaks ceramic y lo hicieron hasta el Domingo y..."
- "Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews. I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative..."
- "hello! my name is iqunelda white. i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a..."
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."