Los Angeles, California

There are always a few shady scam artists lurking around in every city and I happened to fall for it: I got scammed by "Larry, Moe, and Curly" posing as mobile auto body specialists.

Three scam artists approached me and said they could fix my door dent for $300, but you get what you pay for (or do you?). They tried to *** out this dent then covered up the botched job by smearing red glazing putty (pink stuff) in which they called "rubber compound" to hide the job. It will look like they just waxed it, and they claim that when it dries after a few days, it will be good as new after you wash or polish it off. In reality, all they did is take a simple repair and make it a very costly one. After removing the so-called "compound", I found they added new damages to my door panel. Additionally, they spray painted some scratches on my back bumper the WRONG COLOR!

Make sure that anyone you are dealing with is legitimate by calling the company and asking questions regarding services and location. Most legitimate businesses have lettered trucks, signs, e-mail, websites, business cards and referrals.

If a scam artist like this approaches you, please call your local police department. You can ask for the Consumer Fraud Division. Any obtainable information such as a description of the scam artists or their vehicle license plate number would greatly help. DON'T GIVE INTO THESE SCAM ARTISTS. They even asked me to throw in a tip! There are unsavory people out there looking to make a buck no matter what it takes, especially with the economy the way it is. Unfortunately the these "˜people' or PIRATES, as I've read, target the older folks and women…which was me. Be very LEERY of someone who approaches you either in a parking lot or by actually knocking on your front door to perform work. After extensive research I've learned they should have a current city business license, produce at least 3 reputable references, guarantee their work with a work order, accept other methods of payment besides cash, and be found by a reliable source. If not, get their license plate# and call the police!!!

Here are the 3 guys to be weary of (of course..they are all probably fake names). They travel the inland empire of California as well as Orange County as far as I know.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

All Pro Auto Body (Green business card, but may pose as others businesses as well)

Dents and bumper repair call cell 602-614-5784 ask for Steve or Vince

909-391-6391 (disconnected # on the business card)

909-275-9543 (belongs to "Anthony" who cussed me out & told me to *** off)

Possible Alias:

"Vince Petro" - brown hair/eyes, skinny, light skinned, goatee, claims he's Russian but looks Hispanic

Anthony - black hair/eyes, chubby/overweight, looks Mexican but claims to be Russian, no older than 25, poor English grammar when he speaks

Michael - black hair/eyes, very dark, looks Mexican but didn't claim to be Russian, he was the quiet one.

They drove around in a red 4-door Silverado.

Review about: Door Dent Repair.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $300
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with All Pro Auto Body?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion