All Pro Auto Body
There are always a few shady scam artists lurking around in every city and I happened to fall for it: I got scammed by "Larry, Moe, and Curly" posing as mobile auto body specialists.
Three scam artists approached me and said they could fix my door dent for $300, but you get what you pay for (or do you?). They tried to *** out this dent then covered up the botched job by smearing red glazing putty (pink stuff) in which they called "rubber compound" to hide the job. It will look like they just waxed it, and they claim that when it dries after a few days, it will be good as new after you wash or polish it off. In reality, all they did is take a simple repair and make it a very costly one. After removing the so-called "compound", I found they added new damages to my door panel. Additionally, they spray painted some scratches on my back bumper the WRONG COLOR!
Make sure that anyone you are dealing with is legitimate by calling the company and asking questions regarding services and location. Most legitimate businesses have lettered trucks, signs, e-mail, websites, business cards and referrals.
If a scam artist like this approaches you, please call your local police department. You can ask for the Consumer Fraud Division. Any obtainable information such as a description of the scam artists or their vehicle license plate number would greatly help. DON'T GIVE INTO THESE SCAM ARTISTS. They even asked me to throw in a tip! There are unsavory people out there looking to make a buck no matter what it takes, especially with the economy the way it is. Unfortunately the these "˜people' or PIRATES, as I've read, target the older folks and women…which was me. Be very LEERY of someone who approaches you either in a parking lot or by actually knocking on your front door to perform work. After extensive research I've learned they should have a current city business license, produce at least 3 reputable references, guarantee their work with a work order, accept other methods of payment besides cash, and be found by a reliable source. If not, get their license plate# and call the police!!!
Here are the 3 guys to be weary of (of course..they are all probably fake names). They travel the inland empire of California as well as Orange County as far as I know.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
All Pro Auto Body (Green business card, but may pose as others businesses as well)
Dents and bumper repair call cell 602-614-5784 ask for Steve or Vince
909-391-6391 (disconnected # on the business card)
909-275-9543 (belongs to "Anthony" who cussed me out & told me to *** off)
"Vince Petro" - brown hair/eyes, skinny, light skinned, goatee, claims he's Russian but looks Hispanic
Anthony - black hair/eyes, chubby/overweight, looks Mexican but claims to be Russian, no older than 25, poor English grammar when he speaks
Michael - black hair/eyes, very dark, looks Mexican but didn't claim to be Russian, he was the quiet one.
They drove around in a red 4-door Silverado.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Door Dent Repair
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa. My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely. My..."
- "I usually don't write many reviews but I thought that my poor experience yesterday at Ziebart in Henrietta was worth writing about. I first became acquainted with Ziebart when I..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THAT SITE!!!! I purchased a long evening dress that was supposed to be custom made for me. It came with 7 inches wider waste and..."
- "To whom it may concern, We have been in business for over 25 years and take pride in our excellent customer service and high Quality products. The Customer purchased an..."
- "Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews. I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative..."