Alibris, checkout error message costly

17 of 31 Alibris reviews

Alibris is the first bad online shopping experience I ever had and I will NEVER use them again.During the checkout process I would get a message in red about technical difficulties and then nothing would happen, no confirmation, nothing.

But when I checked my email (which in hind sight I wish would have done sooner), BAM, there are the orders processed. I ended up getting the same 2 books when I just needed 1.

They must not have the necessary computer/network resources for processing efficiently.Their checkout process is convoluted if you want to start over unsure of your shopping status.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
17 of 31 Alibris reviews
jpvrla

Mar 12, 2012 #447380

Well things turned out ok, kind of. I was able to intercept one of the orders before any processing. The one I did get had mold on the corner of every page for about 2-3 inches. Because of this I was refunded the full amount (shipping/handling included). I felt Alibris was intent on getting things righted.

0 0 Reply
We're here to help!

Feb 13, 2012 #428782

Sorry for the trouble. Will you please contact me directly so I can assist you? Send an email to info@alibris.com with "Attn: Amy" in the subject line so your message will come to me. Thanks!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Alibris.
Filing a new complaint about
×