Aleko Products - ALEKO Electric Trolling Motor False Advertising

1 of 1 Aleko Products reviews

I purchased an ALEKO trolling motor for my 12' boat.So far, it has performed well without any problem.

Just one issue: They advertise on Amazon that the unit comes with a spare propeller. I thought this was great, should you encounter a mishap while on the water. The unit arrived WITHOUT a spare propeller. Assuming I could quickly rectify the issue by calling the distributor I advised them of the missing part.

This is great! They had me email an image of the receipt along with PICTURES of the motor itself. I did just that and further explained that their advertisement was false and misleading. The manual that came with the unit also indicated a spare prop.

I had to contact them 3 times before they answered the phone. When I finally got to speak with someone they acknowledged receiving my photos and receipt. He offered to sell me a prop for $25 with free shipping (big deal) When I asked them about ALEKO's false advertising his only response was, "that's our bad." Sounded like something you would hear from a 6th grader. I wrote a scathing review on this company to Amazon insisting they drop ALEKO products off their website.

but they wouldn't post it. Guess the review was too harsh for the politically correct Amazon. Don't get me wrong, the motor is fine and the price was ok. I just would not purchase anything in the future from ALEKO of Seattle, WA.

The product is: TRM-L-60 60-62 lb. Thrust Trolling Motor. Check it out anywhere on the web.

It'll say that it comes with a spare prop.You shouldn't have to purchase something that is already included in the ad.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Aleko Products reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 01 #1248668 Chillicothe, Ohio, United States

I purchased the same trolling motor advertised a 3 blade & a 2 blade prop emailed them and did receive a spare prop for free was a 3 blade wanted the 2 blade but did get a spare after several email exchanges

Oct 29 #1233608 Houston, Texas, United States

I purchased a Aleko P10 Wind Generator Tower Wind Turbine Kit from Amazon and it came wrapped in garbage bags and tape. The instructions made absolutely no sense at all and looked like it was written by a three year old, with misspelled words, incomplete sentences and pictures of parts I did not have and parts that were not on the original purchase picture on Amazon. This is fx#@ing ridiculous. Is this a real company or a kindergarten project? These people need an adult to represent their products and write their instructions. I still can't put it together, I'll have to consult a real company.

Tony Long

May 17 #1160313 Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam

JS1956

May 24 #1163728

That's cool...You copied and pasted my comments and call that a reply?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Aleko Products.
Filing a new complaint about
×