Aleko Products - ALEKO Electric Trolling Motor False Advertising
I purchased an ALEKO trolling motor for my 12' boat.So far, it has performed well without any problem.
Just one issue: They advertise on Amazon that the unit comes with a spare propeller. I thought this was great, should you encounter a mishap while on the water. The unit arrived WITHOUT a spare propeller. Assuming I could quickly rectify the issue by calling the distributor I advised them of the missing part.
This is great! They had me email an image of the receipt along with PICTURES of the motor itself. I did just that and further explained that their advertisement was false and misleading. The manual that came with the unit also indicated a spare prop.
I had to contact them 3 times before they answered the phone. When I finally got to speak with someone they acknowledged receiving my photos and receipt. He offered to sell me a prop for $25 with free shipping (big deal) When I asked them about ALEKO's false advertising his only response was, "that's our bad." Sounded like something you would hear from a 6th grader. I wrote a scathing review on this company to Amazon insisting they drop ALEKO products off their website.
but they wouldn't post it. Guess the review was too harsh for the politically correct Amazon. Don't get me wrong, the motor is fine and the price was ok. I just would not purchase anything in the future from ALEKO of Seattle, WA.
The product is: TRM-L-60 60-62 lb. Thrust Trolling Motor. Check it out anywhere on the web.
It'll say that it comes with a spare prop.You shouldn't have to purchase something that is already included in the ad.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
You May Also Like
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "I bought 4 new Falken tires from Discount Tire company on Sept. 10 a month ago , a month and half later , with two thousand miles on the..."
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "I must be naive! Ground shipping more exensive than expedited shipping..odd. Return policy..odd but still pressed the purchase button. Receive goods..ivory wedding shoes with rosettes and rhinestones...."
- "I purchased a Thor Hurracaine 2016 in August 2015. So much is wrong with it .The furnace still does not work right. The bedroom closets are leaking, but would..."
- "Sells POOR Quality Defective Merchandise. Sells POOR Quality Merchandise that may be Hazardous to Human Health. Fails to Communicate to Customers after Reporting Problems POORLY. Fails to Fairly Remedy even Serious Issues with..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."