Albright Llc - Albright Electrical Contracting = Generator Installation Train Wreck
The project was to install a Generac standby generator. Everything started out great, the owner came out and checked out my house for the installation. He was very nice and seemed to really know what he was talking about. He was also extremely helpful in guiding me on how to fill out the forms required for the local gas utility. Unfortunately, that's were the good news ends. After being told that this was an "easy, straight-forward job" my experience was not all easy. The installation process dragged out for exactly 6 months, and could only be described as nothing short of a nightmare of an ordeal. After signing the contract, 5 weeks went by before I head anything at all, and that was only after I called them. Finally a date was set and the guys show up to install the mounting pad with no construction permit. Coincidentally a town official was on site inspecting work on another project and was nice enough to give them and me a warning and not push the issue.
Day-2 they show up to work on the electrical, again no permit. On day 3 as the installation was wrapping up, I am pulled outside to be told that they had miscalculated the length of the gas pipes, therefore it will cost me an additional $500.00. BUT WAIT! I am told that if I leave a really nice review on the Generac website, they will waive the extra $500.00. After the install, the system was tested and kept failing. It turns out that they had installed a single coil transfer switch which had been recalled by the Generac over a year ago. So that had to be replaced and it was, after another 3 weeks of waiting for the part.. The system was tested and seemed to work, but then 36 hours later it went into fail mode. Throughout this entire miserable ordeal, dozens of emails went back and forth, hostile phone calls, and at one point the owner told me I was one of the nastiest, and unreasonable people he had ever encountered. So it is no wonder, why they chose not to come out again and figure out why the system had failed. I ultimately hired another company to come out and they found the firmware to be out of date and most shockingly, the reason the unit kept shutting down was that a large blue plastic cap was lodged in the fuel intake line.
There are no words to express the amount of stress these people put me through, not to mention the time and now the extra expense. Please don't make the same mistake I made... stay far away.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Generac Standby Generator
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Southern Motion sectional Fusion in 2010. After the first year it started peeling. To see it now it looks like I have had it twenty..."
- "I ordered $3072.77 worth of double hung windows with lattice on Jan 4,2014 from the DFW Window World (WW) Office. The windows were installed on March 19, 2014. After install..."
- "Mohawk Industries 25 year warranty for stains is obviously not worth the value of the paper that it was written on. I bought Mohawk Smartstrand carpet from Lowes. I noticed..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."