Albright Llc - Albright Electrical Contracting = Generator Installation Train Wreck

1 of 1 Albright Llc reviews

The project was to install a Generac standby generator. Everything started out great, the owner came out and checked out my house for the installation. He was very nice and seemed to really know what he was talking about. He was also extremely helpful in guiding me on how to fill out the forms required for the local gas utility. Unfortunately, that's were the good news ends. After being told that this was an "easy, straight-forward job" my experience was not all easy. The installation process dragged out for exactly 6 months, and could only be described as nothing short of a nightmare of an ordeal. After signing the contract, 5 weeks went by before I head anything at all, and that was only after I called them. Finally a date was set and the guys show up to install the mounting pad with no construction permit. Coincidentally a town official was on site inspecting work on another project and was nice enough to give them and me a warning and not push the issue.

Day-2 they show up to work on the electrical, again no permit. On day 3 as the installation was wrapping up, I am pulled outside to be told that they had miscalculated the length of the gas pipes, therefore it will cost me an additional $500.00. BUT WAIT! I am told that if I leave a really nice review on the Generac website, they will waive the extra $500.00. After the install, the system was tested and kept failing. It turns out that they had installed a single coil transfer switch which had been recalled by the Generac over a year ago. So that had to be replaced and it was, after another 3 weeks of waiting for the part.. The system was tested and seemed to work, but then 36 hours later it went into fail mode. Throughout this entire miserable ordeal, dozens of emails went back and forth, hostile phone calls, and at one point the owner told me I was one of the nastiest, and unreasonable people he had ever encountered. So it is no wonder, why they chose not to come out again and figure out why the system had failed. I ultimately hired another company to come out and they found the firmware to be out of date and most shockingly, the reason the unit kept shutting down was that a large blue plastic cap was lodged in the fuel intake line.

There are no words to express the amount of stress these people put me through, not to mention the time and now the extra expense. Please don't make the same mistake I made... stay far away.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
1 of 1 Albright Llc reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
RichardW

Feb 26, 2015 #951470 Glen Rock, New Jersey, United States

My name is Richard Whalen and I am the owner of Albright Electric, a small family-owned business. I would like to start by saying that I do apologize on behalf of the company for any discomfort experienced by the homeowner as this was not our intention.
One thing should be made clear: we have, in fact, reimbursed the customer for the service call and repair mentioned in the review even though we were not given the chance to confirm the repair made by the other company. I do not believe another contractor would have reimbursed for this without having a chance to examine it themselves.
Please note: The customer did affirm to our office manager that upon reimbursement he would update the reviews informing the public that we had "done the right thing." However, the reimbursement was received 2 months ago and no reviews have been updated as of yet. We gave ample time for the homeowner to clarify and update his response before writing this as we did not want to respond in this manner. I believe in taking the high road in these types of situations, but in this case the record should be set straight.
Here are some corrections and an address of the issues the customer mentioned:
1. This was not a 6 month ordeal, it was a 3 day installation. Customer was given a free in-home estimate in mid-May and signed a revised contract at the end of May with confirmation of going forward with financing. From this time, we must wait for approval from PSE&G for gas requirements,
... Show more

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.